New to the forum

nickyboy6100

• Moderators

Welcome, your doing good, just play around with it and learn what you like and don't as far as placement and setting the receiver. Have fun 

nickyboy6100, on 03 Feb 2015 - 10:05 PM, said: You guys probably think I'm crazy.

Well you have been reading here for a couple of months so you should know it would take a lot for you to stand out as crazy around here.

Ask all the questions you want, it's a lot cheaper than wasting money.

Edited by dtel
  • Like 1

Nickyboy6100,

Welcome to the forum.

I hear yamaha and klipsch dont pair the best.

While some of the comments I have heard in the past suggest Yamaha is too bright with Klipsch speakers, my experience is not that at all.  My Yamaha A-S1000 integrated amp sounds wonderful with my RB-75's with a dead on neutral sound signature.  Of course room acoustics will contribute to the overall tone(bright, warm, neutral) but source material/front end components can play just as important a role.

If two channel is your main objective, give a nice quality integrated amp a try.  Some are available with with or without an on board DAC and a phono preamp.

Lot's of good choices here.

http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/category/integratedamp/home-audio/receivers-amps/integrated-amps/1.html

Bill

• Like 1

Everyone has their own preferences, but I think you'd be happier with one of the Marantz 2 ch integrateds or Parasound. I've used both and currently have Parasound separates in my 2 ch system.  I used a Yamaha AVR in my separate HT setup in the past and never cared for it. Switched to Marantz and very happy with it. Just my opinion, and my tastes, but perhaps this helps.

Welcome.

• Like 1

You might wanna try a vintage stereo receiver on those bad boys. Here are a couple of search strings for Ebay of some monsters (length limited on Ebay searches):

("Marantz 2500", "Marantz 2600", "Pioneer SX-1980", "Technics SA-1000", "Technics SA-5770", "Technics SA-5760", "Sansui G-33000", "Sansui G-22000", "Sansui G-9700", "Kenwood KR-9050", "Hitachi SR-2004", "Sanyo PLUS 200", "Marantz 2385", "Pioneer SX-1280", "S.A.E. TWO R18")  

("Nikko NR-1415", "Fisher RS-1080", "Yamaha CR-3020", "Concept 16.5", "Onkyo TX-8500 MkII", "Pioneer SX-1250", "Pioneer SX-5590", "Sansui G-8700", "Sansui G-9000", "Sansui G-901", "Sansui 9900Z", "Rotel RX-1603", "Concept 16.5")

PS: There are many many more monster receivers. These are just the biggest monsters. Any big Marantz would do very well too. http://www.classic-audio.com/marantz/mindex.html Look at the Group 3 Receiver column. The last 2 digits are the watts except the ones with a 3 as a second digit, those are 100 watts plus the last to digits. eg: 2385 = 185 watts per channel. Also, these ratings are VERY conservative.
Edited by mustang guy
  • Like 1

Hey nickyboy6100 welcome to forum......

The ChorusII's that you have are one of my favorite of all my speakers. Out of all the speakers I own I use my Chorus line the most(at the house). Don't get me wrong I love all my Klipsch........but when it comes to concert level......chest thumping sound my Chorus will be powerd-up.

The ChorusII was one of the first Klipsch speakers I hear way back in the day. A buddie of mine got four of them and two Carver Cube amps. I was absoutely blown away........When those little lights started jumping on those Carver Cubes......I could not belive the sound.......that sound stuck with me......I knew one day I would own Klipsch speakers, and Carver amps......I just didn't know how many I would have. lol lol

I have tried many amps with my Chorus speakers, but the one amp I think drives those speakers like no other is the Carver TFM55x,imho...that Carver will pump out 380 watts and run cool. I have two Adcom 555II's that I bridged and the Carver still made the bass hit harder on those ChorusII's. I also like the Crown amps......

Well that's my two cents......have fun with your gear.......lots of good peeps here.......

I've never been a forum guy.....but I do like hanging here with a lot of the guys.

Keep us posted....MKP :-)

• Like 2

Thanks guys for all the suggestions. I got my chorus from one of my good buddies. He bought them new in the 90's. The first time I heard them I was blown away. I'd only listened to brands such as Pioneer, Cerwin Vega, etc. I begged him to sell them to me for the next 10 years. In the mean time, I bought a pair of kg4s to hold me over thinking he would never come off the chorus. I was really happy with the kg4s. A few months ago he called me to see if I was still interested in the chorus. They had been in his basement for a long while without any use. He had "upgraded" and they were now just taking up space. At this point I almost passed on them because I was content with the kg4. He convinced me that if I heard them again I would be sold. He was right. I must have totally forgot how great they sounded. I bought them on the spot and haven't hooked the kg4 up since. Can't bring myself to part with the kg4 though. Another awesome klipsch speaker.

• Like 2

Hey nickyboy6100 welcome to forum......

The ChorusII's that you have are one of my favorite of all my speakers. Out of all the speakers I own I use my Chorus line the most(at the house). Don't get me wrong I love all my Klipsch........but when it comes to concert level......chest thumping sound my Chorus will be powerd-up.

The ChorusII was one of the first Klipsch speakers I hear way back in the day. A buddie of mine got four of them and two Carver Cube amps. I was absoutely blown away........When those little lights started jumping on those Carver Cubes......I could not belive the sound.......that sound stuck with me......I knew one day I would own Klipsch speakers, and Carver amps......I just didn't know how many I would have. lol lol

I have tried many amps with my Chorus speakers, but the one amp I think drives those speakers like no other is the Carver TFM55x,imho...that Carver will pump out 380 watts and run cool. I have two Adcom 555II's that I bridged and the Carver still made the bass hit harder on those ChorusII's. I also like the Crown amps......

Well that's my two cents......have fun with your gear.......lots of good peeps here.......

I've never been a forum guy.....but I do like hanging here with a lot of the guys.

Keep us posted....MKP :-)

Where can I find a good carver or crown amp?