Recommend me a Projector and screen budget $3500

AaronH

• Moderators

I've had my Panasonic AE8000u for a few weeks.  Absolutely love it!  Extremely bright, colors are fantastic and the Auto Zoom Memory feature switches between 16:9 and 2.35:1 content with ease. 

It made the 2nd top seller on Projector Central .  I've heard great things about the Sony VPL-HW40ES but it is less bright and has only manual zoom/focus and cost a lot more.

• Moderators

As far as screen, I paid $550 for my Elite Cinescope Screen and it has served me very well over the past few years.  Carada and Seymour make great screens.  I'm building my next screen with a 150" Seymour AT DIY Fabric.  I paid around $300 for the fabric.

What type of screen do you need?  Fixed, Pull Down or Electric?  16:9 or 2.35:1?  These will effect price.

Of course everybody is going to recommend what they have themselves, but given around your budget with bang for the buck in mind, personally I'd try to get a JVC DLAX35 then figure out what is left for a screen, scrimp on it a little or go DIY if need be, but you can get a fixed frame non-AT screen for pretty cheap though.  

The JVC get great reviews but it would put him above his budget. 

A Sony VPLHW55ES would put him above budget too if you went by the $4,000 MSRP but he probably ought to consider those.  A Sony at street price and a DIY screen can easily stay within budget.  Prices have come down and if you shop around you should be able to get a factory made screen plus one of these and still be within budget.  

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

I've had my Panasonic AE8000u for a few weeks.  Absolutely love it!  Extremely bright, colors are fantastic and the Auto Zoom Memory feature switches between 16:9 and 2.35:1 content with ease. 

It made the 2nd top seller on Projector Central .  I've heard great things about the Sony VPL-HW40ES but it is less bright and has only manual zoom/focus and cost a lot more.

Panasonic is hovering at about $1700 right now. 

What do you reccomend for an electric screen? 

• Like 1

Panasonic is hovering at about $1700 right now. 

What do you reccomend for an electric screen? 

They have package deals starting at $1834 with electric screen currently... http://www.visualapex.com/projector-package-deals/for-Panasonic-projectors.asp

Edited by ellisr63