Great Score on Cornwalls!

Coleman

My friend that was out of town text me yesterday saying a lady on Facebook posted a picture of some Cornwalls asking 250.00. I contacted her immediately to go check them out. The cabs have some scratches, the grills were broke down by the bass ports, missing one Klipsch badge, and a few spider nests behind the grills. The drivers looked fine and they sounded great. Got her down to 175.00 and brought them home. Holding them till my buddy gets back in town next week. They need some work but for that price I couldn't let these go. The serial numbers are 8444262 & 8444263. I'm assuming 1984's? Correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks

post-55495-0-27460000-1425919458_thumb.j

post-55495-0-09020000-1425919466_thumb.j

post-55495-0-40820000-1425919472_thumb.j

post-55495-0-11900000-1425919487_thumb.j

• Like 8

Nice find! Don't listen to them too much or you might lose a buddy. :emotion-29: :emotion-29: :emotion-29:

Ha I think he was scared I might like them too much until he gets back in town. He sent the money via paypal right away. They do sound very good but I really do not have the room for them. They are big for sure. I will have some fun with them until he gets back. He already has a set so now he will be running quad Corns in his livingroom. Oofta!

• Like 1

wow... just wow. very nice score.

Frankly, I dont see a darn thing wrong with those. Now if you really want to take them into the realm of the elite, have those cross overs rebuilt/upgraded.

• Like 1

Sweet score! Good thing space is limited because I was gonna say don't listen too long, you might end up wanting a pair for yourself!

Someday when I move into a house I will have a vintage two-channel rig but not sure if it would be Corns or Scalas.

Edited by Coleman
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Picked them up from Coleman today. I saw this deal pop up just as I left town for the week and couldn't pass it up. He got her down to $175 and I threw in the extra $75 to him as a service fee. These things aren't light as most of us know ha. Exterior could use some TLC like he said but they sound great. They'll do for the time being. I still have to research more info on refinishing the cabs. I couldn't be happier for $250, though. These 84s will go nicely with my 74s.

Mighty Favog, I'm intrigued by your picture. I'm going to have to look into that further.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...