Finally....My Stonehenge Build Thread!

dewthedru

got it all hooked up. not in the right spots and i'm waiting for longer screws to mount the drivers but good enough to hook them up....

.....and i can't get the volume any higher than to where i can barely hear them with the gain turned all the way up on both channels. i have it set to stereo.

my connections

rca out via xlr adapter to the amp

speakon connectors with the12g speaker wires hooked to +1 and -1. speaker wire to the speaker connector. red from speaker connector to the + on one of the coils. red jumper to the other + on the other coil. same with the black.

am i missing something? does my denon x4000 have some sort of limiter or what? i can't find anything on the behringer app that's limiting it. the subwoofer volume is set at 0 like the rest of the speakers.

aaarrrgghhhh!

Edited by dewthedru

so....dual mono or bridge? and any idea on why both channels are super quiet?

did you do like I said and try witching the subwoofer mode to LFE+mains?

i'm at work so i can't do it now.  but IIRC, i had it like that for a while last night before switching it.  

Under configuration, the I Nuke is set to stereo.  It sounds like you want to run in bridge mode-dual mono.  Things are wired for a 2 ohm stereo load.  The speakon connection can affect output if they are wired wrong.  You really should not have to set the mains + sub to get output.  Also, with two subs, the setting of separated distance for two sub is not that important in the subwoofer band in a small HT.  Others may disagree on this point but, due to reflections in a small HT the exercise of setting distances accurately is not accurate to say the least.  In Pro setup in open spaces it is valid.

Under configuration, the I Nuke is set to stereo.  It sounds like you want to run in bridge mode-dual mono.  Things are wired for a 2 ohm stereo load.  The speakon connection can affect output if they are wired wrong.  You really should not have to set the mains + sub to get output.  Also, with two subs, the setting of separated distance for two sub is not that important in the subwoofer band in a small HT.  Others may disagree on this point but, due to reflections in a small HT the exercise of setting distances accurately is not accurate to say the least.  In Pro setup in open spaces it is valid.

this is frustrating.  i'm mainly choosing stereo because i don't want to have to run a speaker wire between the two subs.  doesn't bridge mode require that?

i'm not worried about the configuration that will give me the very most power since i won't be running them super high.  i'm just trying to get my two output from the avr to make sound.  i thought stereo was the best option since i have a 2 channel amp.

Stereo 2 ohm will give 1500 watts per ch.  A 4 ohm load is easier on the amp.  I never used the I Nuke 3000 DSP amp in a 2 ohm loads.  The key is making sure the Neutrik speakon connection is wired correctly.  I have a Nuke 3000 DSP running my shakers in stereo and if I switch ch A and B speakon without re-wiring, I get minimal output.  For now, I would just try bridge mod to get things working and then you can work on wiring

this is frustrating.  i'm mainly choosing stereo because i don't want to have to run a speaker wire between the two subs.  doesn't bridge mode require that?

Stereo requires two pair of wires coming out of the amp, one going to each driver. Had you bridged it, one pair of wires would come out of the amp then you'd do whatever on the sub end to get the right load.