I LOVE THESE KINDS OF VIDEOS

Gilbert

The biggest problem with Raptors is that
it's a ford :ph34r: , it's for folks that drive on the road but would like to be "all that" and it costs way too much. One of the guys at work has one, goes back and worth to work about 20 miles a day....WHY?

You'd love my Rubicon then, probably my Ford truck too.  Raptors are a hard pill to swallow financially but generally speaking, once you get used to a nice truck, every other vehicle feels awful.  

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

Guest Steven1963

Personally, I think the truck is totaled. Firstly because his insurance is going to laugh him out of the office and secondly because, I'm taking a shot in the dark here, he probably doesn't have the cash to fix it. And I think it's probably $20k minimum. Shop labor is hellish expensive.

I guess he could sell it for about $5k IF HE HAS THE TITLE. 

Firstly because his insurance is going to laugh him out of the office

Nope.  They cover stupidity, at least in TX they do.  We had a Jeep Rubicon come into the shop that the customer basically submerged in a mug hole.  The engine was locked up and both axles were full of water.  Insurance paid 100%.  The customer even told them he was off roading.  I think the final bill was around 17k.

This just keeps getting better. This was apparently at an organized event called Rednecks With Paychecks. Here is a link to the event rules. I especially like the one that says Use your common sense.

Maybe they added that after the 2013 event in the video?

That's tame compared to this stuff, which apparently happens all over, every weekend.

Looks like the red neck happy breeding grounds...... but that type of mud bogging is pretty darn tame. The bottom of that mud puddle is nice and firm, easy peezee.

"After the Jump we loaded it up on the trailer using the Dozer. Got it to the shop. Changed the Blown Tire and drove it off the trailer. The truck impressively held up well. For all that is talking about insurance, and Warranty work. This truck is a toy and we have several of them. We will rebuild and do it again (with a bit less skinny pedal). This will not be a Insurance claim. No warranty needed. We have a shop that we do this stuff for free. Lastly, Daddy didn't buy this truck.. Alex the owner payed cash for it, along with the others that he owns. This was done in all fun and for the show.. Come see the new one rebuilt at Rednecks With Paychecks Offroad event coming up in March. Google to find out info. There will be trucks jumping over 100 foot in March. 2013 at the event."

We have a shop that we do this stuff for free.

wow, even if I could afford a toy like that , and owned a professional repair shop, I know I couldn't repair that truck for free.

No but stuff like frame alignment is all labor once you have the setup.  Labor prices can be ridiculous and is the majority of fixing something like this.  A friend of mine just fixed up a jeep and his labor costs were I think nearly $8,000 even with a discount.  Parts are cheap comparatively, especially if you are buying at wholesale.  

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

That's an old Renault engine video, but not as old as the Honda F1 engine.

Poor Max Verstappen's Renault powered Toro Roso had a major kablamo and seized up with just a couple laps to go in the China GP this morning. I'm sure ol Helmut Marko is giving someone at Renault a major asss chewing.

• Like 1

You can feel the tension building between Redbull and Renault, I think there's going to be an explosion soon!

Mr. D. Mateschitz (Red Bull owner) has been threatening to pull out of F1 even before the Australian GP. He's PO'ed that he can't buy a competitive engine.

http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/12475/9797437/red-bull-will-only-stay-in-f1-if-they-have-a-competiitve-engine

EDIT:

If he does pull out, I wonder who'll be successful at scarfing-up Adrian Newy?

Edited by Gilbert

You can feel the tension building between Redbull and Renault, I think there's going to be an explosion soon!

Mr. D. Mateschitz (Red Bull owner) has been threatening to pull out of F1 even before the Australian GP. He's PO'ed that he can't buy a competitive engine.

http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/12475/9797437/red-bull-will-only-stay-in-f1-if-they-have-a-competiitve-engine

EDIT:

If he does pull out, I wonder who'll be successful at scarfing-up Adrian Newy?

McLaren Honda could use some help….

McLaren Honda could use some help….

Honda's problems are of a different sort, and stem from FIA sporting regulations. Buried in the regulations is a clause that prevents engine manufacturers from making any significant developments and/or engine modification during their first year in the sport. It is entirely up to the FIA to define what is  "significant", which they have already to a great extent. And since the FIA board includes some manufacturers, i.e. the competition, McClaren/Honda and Ron Dennis will just have to take in the rear for their first year together (reunited, I know, but the break-up lasted a couple of decades, so it's considered New again).

McClaren's 2015 season is purely all about testing aero, and tuning tricks. They knew this when they made the decision to move away from Mercedes power plants. And Mercedes had an advantage last year because of the way they packaged their turbo system. They isolated the compressor side of their turbo system, moving it away from the exhaust (don't as me how), which helped to improve power (cooler, denser forced air induction) and more importantly allowed them more freedom for internal aero development.

2016 will see a completely different animal in McClaren. Alonso and Button are merely test drivers this year, and they know it.

Edited by Gilbert