Hope Gathering 2015 Pictures

mikebse2a3

• Moderators

it’s weird looking at pictures of “strangers” and knowing that i’ve probably talked to many of them -- just have no idea what most you look like.  Guess i could always go to the post office and look on the wall if i ever get that curious.

It's even stranger to talk to them in person never knowing what they look like but a lot of time talking and reading there post. I would guess most are not in the post office, it's mostly old dudes anyway. :o  I get that " I thought you would better looking" a lot more than many. :(     

• Like 1

Just wanted to say, Thank You to Seadog for bringing the Cornwalls, I don't know who brought the other equipment used to power them ?

Who ever it was thank you, the Cornwalls with the tubes and vinyl was exceptional, some recordings more than others (as usual) but still amazing.   

I really enjoy listening to Cornwalls in big spaces where they can be played like a loudspeaker should be played!  My brother Audiodad brought the center Cornwall to complete the three-channel-stereo set up.  Various electronics used inside at Rodney's were brought by USN, Mallette, A-dad, S-dog, and Twisted (I hope I have not missed anyone).  

Also, Maccagirl83 set up a complete system at the back of the room opposite the stage.  And of course, we cannot forget about the karaoke guy! ;-)

Edited by Seadog
  • Like 4

Okay, so I am going to go all "mushy" on y'all!  As always, I am so blessed to be in the presence of so many awesome friends that  I have the privilege of calling my family.  There aren't very many people that can understand the relationships and friendships that have been formed through the years with these gatherings.

I am truly saddened that some of you that have not attended these gatherings can not possibly understand what I mean by the above statements.  While we remain a tight group here on the forum there is nothing that compare to meeting each other in person and meeting their family members.  This friendship is what continually brings me back to this forum.....so many friends....so many people that I consider to be family.....when someone is not attendance they are truly missed.  

You sound like a really nice and caring person -- i know your husband is (even though he makes fun of me for getting hit by a truck and being addicted to del taco and ketchup).  I’m getting close to dropping out of society … getting back to my hippie roots and tossing a guitar in the car and starting the endless road trip.  Maybe I’ll pass through your neck of the woods.  I’m glad you got to see some of your forum friends this past weekend.

Steve

• Like 3

One of the truly interesting aspects of the gathering was that no matter the system, from the big KP-600 rig all the way over to Advent and Marantz system, was that if someone had something they wanted to listen to over that particular system, they were welcome to do so....and many did. No attempts were made to drive the crowd which made for an extremely relaxing and candid experience.

Sure, there was the occasional humorous ribbing here or there, but overall there was a significant amount of trust and respect on display by everyone. 

My hats off the owner/operators of every piece of gear present in accommodating everyone's personal tastes. Two nights and serious power on tap, yet no body let the smoke out. 

i think; he was going to email me the link to that music

:blush2:  Yes, I owe you that sir. It's in the box.

• Like 3

• Moderators
as long as they don’t tell you that they like the photo in your avatar better. Has anyone you’ve met matched your perceived image of them yet?

Hey I like the way my avatar looks over my pic by far.

To the second part of the question, no people never look like you imagine. I remember my first Pilgrimage, I would talk with someone then look down at the name tag and just laugh, then you put it all together.

• Like 2

• Moderators
i know your husband is (even though he makes fun of me for getting hit by a truck and being addicted to del taco and ketchup).

Well sure I do, your legendary, how many people here has been run over by a truck, have a ketchup fetish and has posed for a pic with famous bands.......I will wait............your it.

• Like 2

as long as they don’t tell you that they like the photo in your avatar better. Has anyone you’ve met matched your perceived image of them yet?

Hey I like the way my avatar looks over my pic by far.

To the second part of the question, no people never look like you imagine. I remember my first Pilgrimage, I would talk with someone then look down at the name tag and just laugh, then you put it all together.

You THINK you know people on the forum, but when you really meet them, it opens you up to so m,uch more!

I had a great time with Eldon and Kristy! Kristy has been a person for me to run my problems past for a while now, but it was still great to finally meet her!Then there is Eldon, a much respected forum member with alot of time here, but so laid back and sharing with his gifts of the custom drinking glasses, open invitation to anyone who wanted to spend time with his wife or grandson, ans alot of Delicious Wild Turkey Honey that had we in a good mood all night the first night!

Then there is Dave. I have crossed swords with Dave on the forum in the past, picked each others brains, and come to respect each other through our children, but I was not preparred for the circus calliopie music, how could I have ever even guessed at that?? Still, I am glad that he got to hook up his turn table and spin some vinyl on the KP-600s. I hope it was everything he wanted it to be!

I even brought a good SS amp and the guys hooked it up to the Cornwalls with two different Pres and they even gave a favorable impression of my taste, and I briefly listened to several different tube amps as well, but I don't remember hearing the VRD's.

If I have any regrets, it is not spending more time with those that I was less familiar with! Especially Amie and her boyfriend Tom the airplane mechanic from Arizona. Tom, your girlfriend was very caring towards my family and she is very special, better put a ring on that finger cause she is definately a keeper!

Then there was Pat and Veronica. What great friendly people. They are cousins and both very friendly and enjoyable.

I finally got to meet Carl, something I was really looking forwards to and he did not disapoint!

Steve, what a great guy to arrange the meal at the plant and pay out of his pocket till we collected the differance. Needed to get to know him better!

To those of us that I did not spend more time with, I will make a more concentrated effort to grt to know you next year.

Roger

• Like 3

Firepit and DJ Kevin :D in shadow

Mike,

Kev was a boxxer. Don't know if you got to read his shirt about boxing, but you can still see it in his frame from his silohette!

I was talking to Roy about my Trinidad Scorpion hot peppers and Kevins known appetite for hot things and Roy said: "Kevin has a cast iron stomach, that's why I don't hit him in the stomach"! and my reply to Roy was "I don't hit Kevin because he might hit me back"!

Roger

Edited by twistedcrankcammer
  • Like 2

• Moderators

Meanwhile, back at the hotel, a couple of small Heresy rigs were set up, one set was the 1977 flame twin HDBL Heresys, powered by H/K 430 twin-powered receiver. But I only took three pics of the HDBL flame twins, and I am hoping some of you other pilgrims have more pics of the meeting room fun. The poor flame twins were just out of a 15 year storage, and needed what PWK would probably have called: "Just knocking the dust off the woofers".

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/gallery/image/1394-flame-twins/

Thanks again to Roy for putting together a demo time and set-up for us...and to Bodcaw Rodney for going above and beyond...WAAAAAAY above and beyond!

Wait they were to pretty to not have a picture people can easily see.

These were at the hotel and sounded great, and are very pretty, they were build by Andy, HDBRbuilder while at Klipsch.

It was nice to meet you, and even nicer of you to share some Irish spirits, :emotion-14: although your part of the reason I slept very little, but it was because of us talking, so Thanks.

post-9700-0-06600000-1428983386_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Meanwhile, back at the hotel, a couple of small Heresy rigs were set up, one set was the 1977 flame twin HDBL Heresys, powered by H/K 430 twin-powered receiver. But I only took three pics of the HDBL flame twins, and I am hoping some of you other pilgrims have more pics of the meeting room fun. The poor flame twins were just out of a 15 year storage, and needed what PWK would probably have called: "Just knocking the dust off the woofers".

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/gallery/image/1394-flame-twins/

Thanks again to Roy for putting together a demo time and set-up for us...and to Bodcaw Rodney for going above and beyond...WAAAAAAY above and beyond!

Wait they were to pretty to not have a picture people can easily see.

These were at the hotel and sounded great, and are very pretty, they were build by Andy, HDBRbuilder while at Klipsch.

It was nice to meet you, and even nicer of you to share some Irish spirits, :emotion-14: although your part of the reason I slept very little, but it was because of us talking, so Thanks.

these cabinets must be only a handful out there with that build quality -

• Like 1