Hope Gathering 2015 Pictures

mikebse2a3

I will be bringing my exquisite recording of Emperor Penguins having raucous underwater sex as they discuss the merits of krill vs. squid to the next Pilgrimage.  It is an uber audiophile recording from the personal audio vault of the Pope. You can actually hear their toenails growing! This I will play as we eat copious amounts of animal flesh as it has miraculous digestive powers that are inexplicable. 

You'll be in the audiophile tent mentioned above with your companion Dave.

• Like 3

• Administrators

I will be bringing my exquisite recording of Emperor Penguins having raucous underwater sex as they discuss the merits of krill vs. squid to the next Pilgrimage.  It is an uber audiophile recording from the personal audio vault of the Pope. You can actually hear their toenails growing! This I will play as we eat copious amounts of animal flesh as it has miraculous digestive powers that are inexplicable. 

Today I Learned: Penguins have toenails.

• Like 3

More echoes from the past while poking around Hempstead county.

The old man was into more than just audio, and when one takes a look at the big picture, there's more to Hope than just someone opening shop to build some speakers. I don't claim to know the man, but from all accounts it is clear that Paul was involved with a lot more than just the Klipschorn at the time, and the local area is peppered with well-preserved evidence of military history. In particular, that which encompasses the state's contributions during that era.

The hangar at Hope Municipal Airport. Constructed at about the same time that the Klipschorn was established as a household name. Impeccable masonry. The entire airfield is an Arkansas historic landmark.

post-40059-0-73600000-1429038045_thumb.j

A peak inside. Where Paul very likely stored his plane after military operations ceased. The hangar is fitted with a large gantry crane that was used to lift ordinance, engines, and perform other heavy aircraft maintenance.

post-40059-0-04680000-1429038076_thumb.j

Picture is worth a thousand words. The FBO had a very nice historic display inside. Overall the facility is extremely well-preserved and worth checking out.

post-40059-0-62160000-1429038058_thumb.j

• Like 2

Tom, that hanger, the airport, and more around there were built for the Southwestern Proving Grounds built in 1941.  The government had 50,000 acres and tested all manner of ordnance there.  Oakhaven, the little cluster of houses down by the Klipsch plant, was officers housing.  Some of the industrial buildings out there, including part of Klipsch, were also part of the facility. 

Dave

• Like 2

I like to people watch (and listen) and EXCEPT for our love of Klipsch and audio there was literally no reason for us to gather together, we're just that diverse of a group. And yet we did gather and managed to find all sorts of similarities and topics with which to discuss and laugh about it. pretty cool if you think about it. 

• Like 3

I like to people watch (and listen) and EXCEPT for our love of Klipsch and audio there was literally no reason for us to gather together, we're just that diverse of a group. And yet we did gather and managed to find all sorts of similarities and topics with which to discuss and laugh about it. pretty cool if you think about it.

How about our Love for Paul Wilbur Klipsch and the family we have made here on the forum??

I know those reasons and seeing my Buddy Kevin again and his brother and meeting Kristy is why I went.

I surely would not have drove 16 hours for my love of Audio or any love of what Klipsch has become, I could have drove 2.5 hours to Indy for that!!!

Roger

Edited by twistedcrankcammer
  • Like 2

Oakhaven, the little cluster of houses down by the Klipsch plant, was officers housing.
That explains that. Good stuff. We pulled in there to stop and make a GPS adjustment and noticed that we appeared to be in an entirely separate municipality...ornate street lights and all. Very pretty. Apparently they lived liked kings.

Okay, so I am going to go all "mushy" on y'all!  As always, I am so blessed to be in the presence of so many awesome friends that  I have the privilege of calling my family.  There aren't very many people that can understand the relationships and friendships that have been formed through the years with these gatherings.

I am truly saddened that some of you that have not attended these gatherings can not possibly understand what I mean by the above statements.  While we remain a tight group here on the forum there is nothing that compare to meeting each other in person and meeting their family members.  This friendship is what continually brings me back to this forum.....so many friends....so many people that I consider to be family.....when someone is not attendance they are truly missed.  

Man Oh man....she's going all kissy-poo on us now.... :o

Wish I could have been there :(

• Like 1

Okay, so I am going to go all "mushy" on y'all!  As always, I am so blessed to be in the presence of so many awesome friends that  I have the privilege of calling my family.  There aren't very many people that can understand the relationships and friendships that have been formed through the years with these gatherings.

I am truly saddened that some of you that have not attended these gatherings can not possibly understand what I mean by the above statements.  While we remain a tight group here on the forum there is nothing that compare to meeting each other in person and meeting their family members.  This friendship is what continually brings me back to this forum.....so many friends....so many people that I consider to be family.....when someone is not attendance they are truly missed.

Richard,

Damned it you were missed!!

Get off your BUTT and make sure you make it in 2016!!!

Rog

• Like 1

• Moderators

Richard,

Damned it you were missed!!

Get off your BUTT and make sure you make it in 2016!!!

Rog

I've always been "kissy-poo"!  I'm just not an ear lobe freak like you Coytee!

• Like 1

• Moderators

Just wanted to make a public thank you to the great "Chief bonehead"

He did not know he was going to be able to be in town till about a day and a half before the event, yet he still scrambled to put on a Demo for us and made himself available to party with both nights!

If you did not make the time to make yourself available to pick Roys brain and get to know him, then you definately made a mistake....

Roger

I love that Chief Bonehead!  He looked exceptionally happy and healthy!  Made my day!

• Like 1

• Moderators

How about our Love for Paul Wilbur Klipsch and the family we have made here on the forum??

I know those reasons and seeing my Buddy Kevin again and his brother and meeting Kristy is why I went.

I surely would not have drove 16 hours for my love of Audio or any love of what Klipsch has become, I could have drove 2.5 hours to Indy for that!!!

Roger

Roger, I could not agree more.  I do not drive 8 plus hours because I love Klipsch and audio. My admiration for PWK is unending. The man was a genius....no doubt. I drive 8 plus hours to see my "Klipsch Family".   Period....end of story.  I have everything Klipsch I could possibly want in my home....what I don't have nearby are my Klipsch family and friends.  I only get to see them once a year....twice at best.  it's worth every bit of the drive.

Edited by dtel's wife
  • Like 1