On 4/16/2015 at 1:33 AM, AuntBea said:
On 4/16/2015 at 1:29 AM, twistedcrankcammer said:
On 4/16/2015 at 1:25 AM, AuntBea said:
On 4/15/2015 at 11:43 AM, Lonelobo said:

This is how it started.

attachicon.gifServing.JPG

This is what the line was for.

attachicon.gifloaded gun.JPG

And these were the supervisiory council and brain trust.

attachicon.gifthe usual suspects.JPG

Aunt Bea about to bean me for some snarky comment.

attachicon.gifAunt Bea Evil Eye.JPG

You were snarky? To me?????? Say it ain't so Mr. Lobo, say it ain't so...

Erica,

Hope Pat and yourself got to enjoy Kimberly as much as she enjoyed you!

Roger

She's a hoot! I can see the two of us getting into some trouble.....planning to hang out with her again!!

I will definitely come next year, just hope she doesn't grow out of being a Daddys girl and wants to come with me again.

She is at that age you know??

Roger

She is a wonderful girl....hold on tight daddy, time goes fast at this point. My last left just 2 months ago. I'm proud to see her flying solo, but a little sad ( ok, maybe more than a little) that it all happened so quickly.  I she makes it next year...truly, a cool kid. Good job- you get at least some credit for that!

Thank you Lady! I feel I got very lucky with her! :)

Roger

I’m still anxious to see pictures of Genevieve eating the Scorpion Pepper with the Moonshine chaser.  That’s television material.

I didn't see her eat it but talked to her a little while later to make sure she was ok, and she was feeling better.

I refused, I'm not that crazy but Genevieve had a good reason for trying it. Genevieve please don't get mad I am saying this......She said her dad was wanting her to try spicy things and thought this was a good time, I think that pepper may have been the extreme of what she was thinking but she did it, she is braver than me !

That clear stuff in the mason jar was really good, powerful but good, smoother than expected, but it needs a warning label. :o

I had no idea she was not experienced with all things HOT! She handled it like a trooper, she fully chewed it up before slamming a third of a glass of shine!

Roger

Built a bit of local credibility with that 'shine.  When it was first brought out I was the first it was offered to.  Joe said it was 170 proof.  I said "Let me see that..." and proceeded to invert it and shake a bead on it.  "No more than a 140..." says I.

In fact, I don't think it was much past 100...though still quite a bit of raw kick.  However, I didn't want to risk offense.  Old Joe did look at me with a little more respect.

Dave

Are you related to JimTom? :D

• Like 2

Are you related to JimTom?

You have the better of me, good sir.  Don't know him, but went to school with Harvey Lee Larry Wayne Benton.  May have been named after his fathers.  In Arkansas, hard to be sure and don't want to offend anyone, donchaknow.

Dave

• Like 1

Are you related to JimTom?

You have the better of me, good sir.  Don't know him, but went to school with Harvey Lee Larry Wayne Benton.  May have been named after his fathers.  In Arkansas, hard to be sure and don't want to offend anyone, donchaknow.

Dave

Haha….he's a moonshine expert on a crazy show called "Moonshiners"

The old guy knows everything about shine.

Not that big an expert, but my relatives on my mother's side from the Wickes, AR area taught me how to shake a bead when I was maybe 12.  Wouldn't bet on my accuracy now, but figure I can get within 10% or so.  When in high school, we used to buy from Roy.  We called it "Roy Canadian."  5 bucks a quart.

Dave

Edited by Mallette
  • Like 1

• Moderators

I thought is was good, I have to say I helped Andy kill off the second half of his Irish spirits early sat morning ending at about 5 am and that clear stuff was easier to drink than Andy's. That Irish stuff will curl your hair with its bite, I see why they say it's an acquired taste.

Not that big an expert, but my relatives on my mother's side from the Wickes, AR area taught me how to shake a bead when I was maybe 12.  Wouldn't bet on my accuracy now, but figure I can get within 10% or so.  When in high school, we used to buy from Roy.  We called it "Roy Canadian."  5 bucks a quart.

Dave

They get $100 a gallon on the show, it's kind of an interesting show for reality tv.

They get $100 a gallon on the show, it's kind of an interesting show for reality tv.

Crikey.  I can get nice aged Turkey 101 at that price.  'shine is nice, but not at that price.

Might add that I plan to fire up a still in the NTD future.

Dave

Edited by Mallette
  • Like 1