Hope Gathering 2015 Pictures

mikebse2a3

As mentioned, Rodney has a router there with code on the bottom for all to use.   Not blazing, but adequate for email and the forum.  If we actually do some sort of feed if someone has a mobile hotspot with a good signal it might be a better idea.  I have Sprint hotspot but the signal inside the building was not usable at all with the doors closed but would at least ring with the doors open.  I had to go all the way to the fence to maintain a conversation.  Don't if I would have anything useful in the hotspot category.  Since Verizon worked for Andy, perhaps a better choice.  There was a tall cell tower no more than 3 or 4 miles towards Hope.

Dave

Edited by Mallette
  • Like 1

Yo Seadog, I suppose a cd/dvd of all the photos might be made available to attendees willing to pay????

Maybe we should try to compile everyone's photos (in full resolution of course) onto one disc for the attendees? Could also include any phone video clips anyone may have. I know dtel was shooting a lot of photos also. Production and mailing costs would be minimal.

If you want to try this I could send you a disc with the pictures and you could put into one group, just send me a mailing address if interested.

I will PM you with my address.
Guys, you might try uploading to a Flickr account to share. Then people can download and make their own CDs. You get 1000gb free, plus there is an option for people to order books, prints, etc. That would eliminate emailing pics back and forth. I can create an account and post link here if you want; just let me know. Edited by mangofirst
  • Like 1

As mentioned, Rodney has a router there with code on the bottom for all to use. Not blazing, but adequate for email and the forum. If we actually do some sort of feed if someone has a mobile hotspot with a good signal it might be a better idea. I have Sprint hotspot but the signal inside the building was not usable at all with the doors closed but would at least ring with the doors open. I had to go all the way to the fence to maintain a conversation. Don't if I would have anything useful in the hotspot category. Since Verizon worked for Andy, perhaps a better choice. There was a tall cell tower no more than 3 or 4 miles towards Hope.

Dave

I am working on getting a signal booster for inside the building for people's personal cellular data.
  • Like 1

Yo Seadog, I suppose a cd/dvd of all the photos might be made available to attendees willing to pay????

Maybe we should try to compile everyone's photos (in full resolution of course) onto one disc for the attendees? Could also include any phone video clips anyone may have. I know dtel was shooting a lot of photos also. Production and mailing costs would be minimal.
If you want to try this I could send you a disc with the pictures and you could put into one group, just send me a mailing address if interested.
I will PM you with my address.
Guys, you might try uploading to a Flickr account to share. Then people can download and make their own CDs. You get 1000gb free, plus there is an option for people to order books, prints, etc. That would eliminate emailing pics back and forth. I can create an account and post link here if you want; just let me know.

That might be a good approach.  1000 GB might be enough for several years if we kept the account to Klipsch Forum Gatherings.  Would be a good way to share cell phone videos also.

• Like 1

I am working on getting a signal booster for inside the building for people's personal cellular data.

Ms. Mango, you are invaluable! 

Dave

Ms. Mango, you are invaluable! 

Modern translation: Ms. Mango, you Da Bomb!

• Like 2