Hope dates for next year (2016) Road construction thoughts

jimjimbo

hmm... that's too bad.  I have a conflict with that date but I'm sure you will always find somebody with a problem with any date you choose.  I was hoping to get there this year but daughters' birthday takes precedence.

There is a lot to see and do at Rodney's Place, not to mention the attractions that are within an hour or so of driving distance from Hope, AR.  Hot Springs, AR is absolutely a must see if you are in the area.  The "bath houses" are operational and now include full day spa treatments for less than $100.  The "Crater of Diamonds is also within in driving distance.  Nothing like searching for diamonds in a large open field.  The state park located within ten minutes of Hope offers a fully working tour of historical buildings.  

Good to hear lots of options and selling points for the wife and kids.  Being the only male in my house I get outvoted quickly!

• Moderators

hmm... that's too bad.  I have a conflict with that date but I'm sure you will always find somebody with a problem with any date you choose.  I was hoping to get there this year but daughters' birthday takes precedence.

There is a lot to see and do at Rodney's Place, not to mention the attractions that are within an hour or so of driving distance from Hope, AR.  Hot Springs, AR is absolutely a must see if you are in the area.  The "bath houses" are operational and now include full day spa treatments for less than $100.  The "Crater of Diamonds is also within in driving distance.  Nothing like searching for diamonds in a large open field.  The state park located within ten minutes of Hope offers a fully working tour of historical buildings.  

Good to hear lots of options and selling points for the wife and kids.  Being the only male in my house I get outvoted quickly!

Muel, to be honest we would love to have more families in attendance.  The kids all had a great time this year and there is a lot your family could do and see if they did not want to hang out Rodney's Place the entire weekend.  We will be rolling out more details in the days and weeks ahead.  Rodney's place is perfect for camping, lots of wide open space and the dates we have chosen should be perfect camping weather.  In addition, Rodney has told us that he has no problem with people bringing motor homes or campers.  The Super 8 will more than likely be our recommended place for hotel/motel accommodations.  The lodging was very affordable at approximately $50 per night.  We were very pleased with the cleanliness and friendly atmosphere of the staff and management.  Super 8 also provides a nice complimentary breakfast, including some hot items.  The conference room was adequate for late night/early morning listening.  

• Like 1

• Moderators

Good to hear lots of options and selling points for the wife and kids.

I'm open to an offer on mine...

Dave

:o

I got to meet the PAW, the bidding better start really high :P

Early April is good because that's the start of the shoulder season weather-wise, which is a big factor for those weighing the option to fly into Texarkana, much less for planning any outdoor activities. As Mrs. Dtel has mentioned, any later could pose problems with mother nature.

I think we cut it pretty close this year, and it was a miracle that we were blessed with what little weather we received.  The two fronts that rolled through Thursday caused quite a mess at the airports for the entire mid west region, bad enough even to affect the folks driving cross country. The jet stream pinched down into a blow dryer, situated right on top of Arkansas (typical actually). Thankfully it punched out hole for us for an otherwise fantastic weekend.

Edited by Quiet_Hollow
  • Like 1

I think we cut it pretty close this year, and it was a miracle that we were blessed with what little weather we received.

It will be an issue every year as in that period the fronts are right at 7 days apart.  OTOH, it isn't remotely the problem as it the summer heat and humidity.  As a child, I got almost no sleep through August in Texarkana as it was simply miserable hot without a breath of air moving.  The rain can be wet, but you dry off and Rodney has a LOT of roof there.

Dave

Edited by Mallette
  • Like 1

• Moderators

There is a lot of roof there and it is my understanding he is beginning the "adding on" phase.  The additional space he is planning to add will be equal to the space Kevin was set up in.....times three!!!  Twenty more feet of covered space on all sides!!!

• Like 1

I also like the same exact date as long as it does not interfear with Easter and Kristys buiseness! The weather was perfect and it gets HOT if you wait much later in the year! :)

Roger

So someone with Asthma (me) that has a terrible time in hot & humid weather, could survive Hope in the Spring?

Steve

• Moderators

I also like the same exact date as long as it does not interfear with Easter and Kristys buiseness! The weather was perfect and it gets HOT if you wait much later in the year! :)

Roger

So someone with Asthma (me) that has a terrible time in hot & humid weather, could survive Hope in the Spring?

Steve

Yes, I don't think the weather in Hope in Spring will present any problems for you.

Roger

Steve

Yes, I don't think the weather in Hope in Spring will present any problems for you.

Yes, the temps were great, humidity was relatively low, and I didn't notice any significant pollen or other drifting airborne stuff....of course, that's certainly no guarantee for next year!

• Like 1

Roger

Steve

Steve,

My daughter Kimberly has both my wife's Asthma and my wife's heart murmur. The only problem either of them had was that Kimberly got a cough from sleeping next to and facing the air conditioner at the Hotel...

Hope that answers that..... Roger