Guess it doesn't take much to call me "techie"

Mighty Favog

O.K., this is just too funny not to tell. The names have been changed to protect my job :)

I work for a court reporting company. Sometimes one of our office staff will help out our reporters by proof-reading and/or scoping a transcript before it goes out to the attorneys. All of the transcripts get proofed and scoped anyway but not usually by someone in-house.

So "Ann" was sitting at her desk listening to a wave file of the deposition as she's proofing/scoping with a pair of Sony headphones on as to not disturb anyone else. I went up to her desk to ask her something and noticed something hilariously odd. These headphone cups can rotate 360 deg. in any direction so they're comfortable. She had the backs of each cup against her head with the drivers pointing outward.

I asked her how loud she had them turned up to hear? She said pretty loud and they're hurting her head. I enlightened her and soon after I sat in a chair near her desk with tears coming from my eyes from laughing so hard.

She said I notice everything and complimented me on how "techie" I am.....

Edited by Mighty Favog
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Hard to believe people can be that silly, but everyday it's proven true.

So now your officially a techie and on the verge of being a genius to Ann.   :emotion-21:  :D You should get a raise. :)

:D You should get a raise. :)

I've been buckin' for one for about a year now. A nice healthy one.

There's someone else, here, that sits in his office all day, with ear buds in to watch movies or play multi-level video games WITH THE LIGHTS OFF that gets paid double what I do. And what work he DOES produce usually has something wrong with it (we've lost quite a few clients because of him)......ticks me off royally sometimes. What can I say...he's a millennial.

Edited by Mighty Favog

:D You should get a raise. :)

I've been buckin' for one for about a year now. A nice healthy one.

There's someone else, here, that sits in his office all day, with ear buds in to watch movies or play multi-level video games WITH THE LIGHTS OFF that gets paid double what I do. And what work he DOES produce usually has something wrong with it (we've lost quite a few clients because of him)......ticks me off royally sometimes. What can I say...he's a millennial.

Didn't you get the memo that it is up to us to accommodate the millennial in the workplace?

She had the backs of each cup against her head with the drivers pointing outward.

I asked her how loud she had them turned up hear? She said pretty loud and they're hurting her head. I enlightened her and soon after I sat in a chair near her desk with tears coming from my eyes from laughing so hard. She said I notice everything and complimented me on how "techie" I am.....

Wow, you are a techie!  :o  You have an amazing talent for pointing out the obvious! 

Genius level.  :rolleyes:

Many years ago at about 3 in the morning I am working ICU and a female colleague plugs a flowmeter into a high pressure O2 supply line.  The adapter plugs in but the flow meter somehow dislodges from the adapter, so the line is wide open.  She has this hurricane of gas spewing into the room.  I watch and she panics.  Hands shoved into the wall - finger in the dike - anything except the obvious, the cure.  Her hair is now a furling flying mass, as though she'd ridden from Vegas to the Dakotas on a motorcycle sans helmet.  Her eyes are like saucers.  Still the winds are screaming.  So I calmly walk around the bed, reach over her head and release the quick connect adapter, shut down the disaster and hand the adapter to her.  Did not laugh nor impugn her dignity, at least not until we got out of the public earshot.  Some folks are not technically astute.

• Like 2

There is a lady at work that is constantly forwarding on all these emails that she thinks are “cute.”  So, i made up a silly email about how it is impossible to sit in a chair, tilt your head back, hold your left arm 90 degrees outwards and touch the index finger of the opposite hand to your nose.  After sending it I alerted another co-worker to watch this person, not saying why.  Within a minute, this elderly lady sits at her desk, tilts her head back, stretches out one arm and touches her nose with the opposite hand.  

it might not sound funny now; but, it was. 

Is Ann a blonde ?

Yes but she dyes her roots black.

Back in the day when Florida had drive thru liquor stores and you could order a drink to go I was riding with a buddy. We pulled up, ordered and he commented to the attendent that she had such beautiful blonde hair but questioned why she went to the trouble to dye the roots black :ph34r: and we drove away.............quickly

My brother in law, great guy but not 'mechanically inclined', suffered thru an ice storm in north Texas back in the '90s with the power out for 10 days. He has a BIG fire place and spent a few days troubleshooting why the hearth fans were not blowing air

Edited by USNRET