WTB: Heresy II or III (Indianapolis)

hopcam

Thank you for all of the info. Some info that I should probably provide (probably should have been in a different forum) my listening room is 16x17. I have 2 receivers that could power these speakers, a Pioneer SX-880 and a Pioneer SX-980.

MWells those are beautiful quartets..

While Heresies would work....I think there are some other Klipsch speakers out there that would "fill that room"!!!!!

I'm assuming that would be considered a small room?

• Moderators

Our bedroom is approximately that size and we have Cornwall IIIs, we do listen at lower levels....I will let others give you some input on this.  Normally, I would think a "small room" would be 12'x12' or so. I'm thinking Heresies may work in that space, but I'm not certain.   You have to consider that I don't mind "BIG" speakers at all.  In fact, most people that visit our home do not even notice those giants in my corners in the family room!

Honestly, I am not that familiar with all of the technical aspects.  When I hear speakers, I just know what I like.  The decision to place MWMs/402s in our family room was entirely mine and my daughters.  My husband (Dtel) did everything he could do to talk us out of them, including making a template to show us how big they would be.  It didn't matter to me, I heard them and the clarity and sound surpassed Khorns, Cornwalls, Fortes, LaScallas, Jubilees and all of the others.  Now, the space they occupy is probably about 400-500 square feet, but they fill the entire room.

MWells those are beautiful quartets..

Thank you!  I have to agree.  I'm usually a walnut fan but these have the nicest oiled (curly) oak veneer that I have seen.  They rode the Klipsch express up here from Florida and I purchased them from our own Willland who posted earlier.  Thanks Bill!   These sat for quite a while after I got them due to battle with cancer that I went through but I won that battle and I was finally able to enjoy these wonderful speakers.  They've got new crossovers and Ti tweeter diaphragms.  I added bronze glass tops and picked up an extra set of grill frames so I could try a nice, vintage looking linen fabric.  My flash caused this pic to make them look too white but it is a classic, open weave natural linen fabric that looks very nice in a living room.  I still have the risers too but took them off when I was looking at different types of stands to get the tweeters up to ear level.  The blocks are rock solid and have worked very well.

I have a bit more in these that I meant to invest but I don't regret it.  The only reason I am even considering parting with them is that I'd like to build a pair of Cornscalas one day and I don't have the room for both.  I could be quite happy with these as my last speaker though.  I'll have to sleep on this one if you decide that you may be interested in checking them out.

Mark

curly%20oak.jpg?1433041067682&1433041068

Edited by mwells
  • Like 1

They rode the Klipsch express up here from Florida and I purchased them from our own Willland who posted earlier.  Thanks Bill!  

You are quite welcome.  I knew those babies looked familiar with that unusual saw pattern.  Glad to see you pampering them as well.  They sure are beautiful. 

These sat for quite a while after I got them due to battle with cancer that I went through but I won that battle and I was finally able to enjoy these wonderful speakers.

Sorry to hear that but great to hear about the outcome.

They've got new crossovers and Ti tweeter diaphragms.

Just another something I never got around to doing.

Enjoy and great to see you posting.

Bill 

I love Heresys. While I love a good stockpile of Klipsch, I would be satisfied with a pair of Heresy IIs and a small tube amp. 

Of course, if you can snag Quartets or Forte IIs, those are great options too. WAF is a little lower on those, I'm afraid. 

Looking for a good set of Heresy II or IIIs somewhat close to Indianapolis. I could also be talked into something similar...

Thanks!

take a good long hard look at the two options of the CS-1T Crites two way speaker with the Faital Pro driver and elliptical horn. I have had Heresy and two sets of very modified Heresy lll and I would buy the Crites two way over the Klipsch H3. Best regards Moray James.

http://www.critesspeakers.com/crites-cs-1-speaker-project.html

Hmmm...I'm not down on anything Klipsch.

I know, I just wanted to stick up for the "lowly" Heresy. :)

Bill 

Or you could get Heresy 1's and make them "Baby Cornwalls" with my "Super Heresy" modification, found elsewhere from about a year ago.

• Like 1

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the help. I especially want to thank Michael Colter and John McAloon for great sales experiences. I was looking for one set of Heresys and I ended up with a pair of Heresy IIIs and a phenomenal pair of Forte IIs. I also received a pretty spectacular quick Klipsch education from Mr Colter in his shop.

Now I just wonder what's next...

Thanks Dtel's wife for pointing me in the right direction..

• Like 2