Another Nice pair of Klipschorns: Illinois/Wisconsin Border

Freespirit

Guest Steven1963

I appreciate seeing Klipschorns in that price range. It reaffirms the great deal I got, and gives me confidence that they are only increasing in value.

Guest Steven1963

No, no. Price is not too high. Price is GOOD if you already own a pair. At least that's how I'd like to view their pricing. :)

• Like 1

When you live within minutes of Lake Geneva you don't care. Problem is that all the Lambo owners in the area don't know what they're looking at performance-wise.

Knowing the sound that I can get out of a stock pair of La Scala, if I were still in Milwaukee and had the space I'd easily be contemplating these. They're mint, completely stock, and anyone from the locale doesn't need to drive half way across the country to look at them.

On the high side of the curve sure, but that's room for negotiation....and we're not talking flooded, rat infested, smoker, moved around half assed about ten thousand times either.

Most folks from that area don't sell crap.

Guest Steven1963

From a philosophical point of view, I wonder why we label a Klipsch product as being too expensive? I would think, assuming many of us are already equipped with the speakers we are comfortable with, that an increase in the used value of a set of pristine Klipschorns would be pleasing to us all. Not a point of contention. A rising tide lifts all boats (or the value of all Klipschorns, in this case).

• Like 2

I certainly agree, and the old man once said it best:

"Good sound never goes out of fashion."

Enthusiast circles from cars to bikes to real estate, albeit the largest concentrations of knowledge of a particular item, will typically quote on the low side.

It's simple really....they're not buying.

Edited by Quiet_Hollow

From a philosophical point of view, I wonder why we label a Klipsch product as being too expensive? I would think, assuming many of us are already equipped with the speakers we are comfortable with, that an increase in the used value of a set of pristine Klipschorns would be pleasing to us all. Not a point of contention. A rising tide lifts all boats (or the value of all Klipschorns, in this case).

I don't believe Klipsch products are too expensive. On the contrary, I believe they are one of the best values in all of audio.  Their performance to price ratio is hard to match in my opinion.  However, when you can get the same product at a lower price, that is when you can say something is priced too high.  $3600 for a pair of 1988 Klipschorns is very much on the high side for what they typically sell for on the used market.  Now, if there was someone out there that had been holding out for this very finish, grill type, style, condition, and in the right location, someone might be willing to pay above the going rate to close the deal and end their search.  I know I would be willing to do that for certain items.

Unless you are planning on selling your Klipschorns, there is no benefit to having the values go up.   You probably didn't buy them for the financial investment -- there are better ways to invest money than in audio equipment.  They are an investment in musical enjoyment -- the only way to "cash in" on that investment, is to keep them and listen to them often.

• Like 1

Guest Steven1963
Unless you are planning on selling your Klipschorns, there is no benefit to having the values go up.   You probably didn't buy them for the financial investment -- there are better ways to invest money than in audio equipment.  They are an investment in musical enjoyment -- the only way to "cash in" on that investment, is to keep them and listen to them often.

This is an excellent comment. However, Klipsch is one of the few brands where their speakers can appreciate/hold their value over time. So for pure satisfaction - icing on the cake, sort-of-speak, it is nice to see them being offered for that amount and know that the pair you own are gaining in value, in addition to the pleasure of listening to them over the decades.

• Like 1

This is an excellent comment. However, Klipsch is one of the few brands where their speakers can appreciate/hold their value over time. So for pure satisfaction - icing on the cake, sort-of-speak, it is nice to see them being offered for that amount and know that the pair you own are gaining in value, in addition to the pleasure of listening to them over the decades.

built like tanks - they are