Walnut Fortes - $100 - Ft. Wayne

mwells

Next time you see something you really want, I would advise against putting it in the alert section. Just saying.....

Best wishes on finding a nice pair :)

That's true but IMHO, shouldn't be. Posting in the forum asking for help should have people doing all they can to help, and usually does. This is a great forum with good people.

Having said that, I'd be will to bet the $100 that opusk had them treed before the the op's post.

WEB

I agree people should be doing all they can to help, the key word is SHOULD. OPUS does help people, it just happens that he wanted those so he bought them. He sends emails to people everywhere looking for certain gear when his radar is on

Mark

Hey guys, I got a note from Opus.  I'm fine.  As I told him, Ya I was frustrated.  I've been watching for a local deal on Fortes for a very long time and I work just 30 minutes from Ft. Wayne so I got a bit excited.  I saw the listing just 2 hours after it went up but had no way to reach the guy and then when I do, it's too late.   I was especially frustrated knowing Opus sold a couple of pairs of Fortes a while back and that he still has a couple of pairs and a basement full of Heritage speakers that I have never even heard let alone owned.

But then I slept on it and thought about that kidney I lost to cancer last year and how in the grand scheme of things, this is nothing that should bother me.  Sooooo, I'm listening to Eva Cassidy on my Quartets at the moment and all is well.

Brandon,  I appreciate the PM that I got from you and Mark.  I hope the deal is legit and all goes well.

Mark

Edited by mwells
  • Like 5

Hey guys, I got a note from Opus.  I'm fine.  As I told him, Ya I was frustrated.  I've been watching for a local deal on Fortes for a very long time and I work just 30 minutes from Ft. Wayne so I got a bit excited.  I saw the listing just 2 hours after it went up but had no way to reach the guy and then when I do, it's too late.   I was especially frustrated knowing Opus sold a couple of pairs of Fortes a while back and that he still has a couple of pairs and a basement full of Heritage speakers that I have never even heard let alone owned.

But then I slept on it and thought about that kidney I lost to cancer last year and how in the grand scheme of things, this is nothing that should bother me.  Sooooo, I'm listening to Eva Cassidy on my Quartets at the moment and all is well.

Brandon,  I appreciate the PM that I got from you and Mark.  I hope the deal is legit and all goes well.

Mark

Seeing something on CL 2 hours after the listing is about 110 minutes too late. At that point there were probably 20 people in front of you

Maybe OPUS should lease his radar system instead of giving the info out for free

Mark

Mark

Seeing something on CL 2 hours after the listing is about 110 minutes too late. At that point there were probably 20 people in front of you

Maybe OPUS should lease his radar system instead of giving the info out for free

Mark

The listing stated that if it was still up, the speakers were still for sale.  It was up at 7pm when I posted on here.  It was still up at 10:30pm when I got home.  I doubt that Opus has a radar system.  It is more than likely just simple notification software that alerts him as soon as new CL postings are listed. 

Regards,

Mark

When people say it is still available if still posted, in most cases that means they will take the posting down when its sold and they are reminded to take it down. Usually the reminder is getting bombed by emails. And OPUS doesnt have a radar system., he uses searchtempest and has auto refresh on 30 seconds. He sit glued to his chair in front of his computer waiting to pounce ;)

Mark

• Like 1

When people say it is still available if still posted, in most cases that means they will take the posting down when its sold and they are reminded to take it down. Usually the reminder is getting bombed by emails. And OPUS doesnt have a radar system., he uses searchtempest and has auto refresh on 30 seconds. He sit glued to his chair in front of his computer waiting to pounce ;)

Mark

He probably has the same amp i have for my phone. Searches every 3 minutes and alerts me if it find something new.

I have no issue with people using notification apps for CL in general but their use has become so widespread by flippers, hoarders, collectors. etc.... that it has made it much harder for the average guy/gal who just wants to find a decent deal to maybe put a system together for their son or daughter...or upgrade a little bit as was my case.   I also use searchtempest but only glance at it maybe twice a day.  I was using it at work that night I posted these buy I'm going to toss in the towel on using CL though if I have to monitor it 24/7.  I turned 55 yesterday and I was lucky to make it here.  I'm not racing anyone for this stuff.  I got lucky at a garage sale once.  It could happen again.

That said...I must admit that when I lost my job during the economy crash at the end of 2007, I supplemented my unemployment with some buying and selling.  Lots of folks did who were in the same boat.  We were trying to survive until we got back to work.  I wish I had known about useful tools like this back then.  I certainly would have used them.

Mark

Mark

I'm getting confused. Checking the posts you started in April you said

"Fortes, They have a fair BIN price of $535 on these.  I'd be very tempted if I was closer."

And followed that with

"This looks like a nice pair of Quartets for a very fair price.  I paid a bit more than this for mine.  I really love the midrange on the Quartet/Forte II/Chorus II series.  I wish I had the room for another pair."

And finally you started a post for Fortes for $600

"I would not usually pay this much for Fortes but these look like they have been boxed and stored for most of their life.  Even the original boxes look very clean."

You want to upgrade, but only if it comes in at an amazing deal

I'm sure if you contacted some of the hoarders, collectors and flippers and offered a fair price, they would be happy to help you.

I just sold a pair of CWs I had listed on CL for $750 to a forum member for $600. I didn't offer him that price until he was at my house and told me who he was on this forum.

I would like to have a pair of Khorns again but really don't want to step up and pay the price. I've been beat to a couple great deals on Khorns, one pair I was 5 minutes late and they sold for $700.

A lot of us check regularly or have alerts set up.

It's a simple process, set it up, be patient, and the deal will show up

All the best

Mark

Edited by ZEUS121996

I offered the lend mwells the forte until I found him another pair.  My friend won't need a pair for a couple months.

He declined, no worries.

If anyone wants to let me know what they are looking for

-  type, model, finish, price range

-  your location

-  how far they are willing to drive.

-  email

I will happily keep an eye out.  Then, if a deal comes up in the area, I can email directly and quickly. 

Deals like this one go FAST, so if you see an email you will need to act quickly.

I have done this for many people and offered this on the forum before.  Some people have benefited greatly.

Send me a PM if interested.

• Like 3

<snip>

so if you see an email you will need to act quickly.

I have done this for many people and offered this on the forum before.  Some people have benefited greatly.

Send me a PM if interested.

I have in my listening area Khorn, Chorus II, and KLF30. All 3 of these are due to opusk alerting me to them. 

Next time you see something you really want, I would advise against putting it in the alert section. Just saying.....

Best wishes on finding a nice pair :)

That's true but IMHO, shouldn't be. Posting in the forum asking for help should have people doing all they can to help, and usually does. This is a great forum with good people.

Having said that, I'd be will to bet the $100 that opusk had them treed before the the op's post.

WEB

I agree people should be doing all they can to help, the key word is SHOULD. OPUS does help people, it just happens that he wanted those so he bought them. He sends emails to people everywhere looking for certain gear when his radar is on

Mark

I hung up the phone from making an agreement with a seller of some walnut Chorus 2. I was going to email opusk the news, only to find in my inbox was an email from opsuk asking me to grab them for him. All I could do is inform him that he was too late, they were sold lol He was happy for me. :) 

He has since bought speakers from me and alerted me of other deals. Great guy in my book.