Ask Sancho

oldtimer

germany....denmark...france.....those ain't just countries....u no? their cultures. and each person grows up in and loves their own cultures. there ain't no long liine of french waitin to come to the usa, or denmarkese, or germans. we think theyr nuts and they think weer nuts too for how we do our thing. you can't jset compare tax and suich. you must compare culture values. LOL well, that's just my 2-centavos lol!!!

• Like 1

I like this and these are all great questions.  However, I think we could make a longer list of BS from these other countries which would confirm why 90% of the world wishes they had what we have or would love to live in the U.S.A.

Like what? Saudi yeah but what are places like Denmark and Germany longing for? I named or implied Germany more than anything else, other than higher salaries for doctors, what freedoms do we have that Germans don't?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2015/06/25/germans-dont-think-america-stands-for-freedom-anymore/

I'm friends with a guy in the Netherlands, he loves to shoot so that's huge to him but otherwise I don't know that I can name anything.

Well a quick Google look gives me this

Denmark has the highest taxation of anywhere in the world to support the non working bums there on their welfare system, which numbers indicate is damn near everyone. Nuff said there.

First the US has almost twice the vehicles or means of transportation than all major areas in Europe, much less, one that is capable of real Autobahn speeds. You get a scooter cause that's all you can afford with your coffee shop job and the 6 months a year everyone takes off for "Holiday".  You want a flat to live in the size of a long wheel base truck? Move on over there. Oh you can import your Hellcat Hemi Challenger to your new address over there in Germany, get ready for $10.26 per gallon for your fuel. Want to tote your loaded 45 on your side, better check again. Germany has some of the strictest laws on gun control and regulation in the world. Dig around man, I shouldnt even have to post this crap to tell you you're already living in the best country in the world man. Go to Vegas if you feel like rolling the dice at the tables or in a bed. Cuba will be accessible in a few years, but I gotta say you could have much more fun a little further south.  Enjoy and take advantage of what you have and what you can do here or you can always move to this "greener" grass you are seeing

I love it when you post….the knowledge you emit is excellent, but also for your avatar :D

• 2 weeks later...

More questions that bother me so...

He Went to Paris...

If we're the land of the free...

Why am I paying 50% in direct taxes alone?

Not following constitution...

Why can't I openly drink a beer on a bench that's parked on the sidewalk like I did in the Bahamas?

State & local laws. Move to Louisiana...

Why can't I openly roll a fattie in a coffee shop like in Amsterdam?

See above, but move to Colorado...

Why do we have the highest incarceration rate in the world?

More crooks

Why do we have the lowest mandatory vacation rate in the developed world?

State laws

Why can't I easily buy a silencer like in Finland, or a full auto rifle like in the UAE or Saudi Arabia?

Federal, State &/or local laws. Thank Reagan for the no new machine gun laws.

Why am I taxed on money I make overseas, which is unlike pretty much the rest of the world?

gd federal Gov't

Why am I not free to know what's in my food or which country it even came from? Why are our politicians actively trying to hide such things?

Bribes

Why is getting a college education nowadays more or less signing on for 30 years of voluntary enslavement?

Student loans

Why do we have to pay the government yearly for the right to own our own land, then jump through hoops to avoid our families losing over half of it after we're gone?

Move to Louisiana

Why do we say we have the freedom to protest yet we have such things as "first amendment zones", and heavy-handed smackdowns at the G8 summit and the like?

Failure to follow bill of rights

Why is losing your job so devastating, unlike Germany where you don't have to pay in to health insurance when this happens?

Why can't two willing adults participate in a voluntary transaction like in Germany where prostitution is legal?

Move to parts of Nevada, away from Vegas...

Aggravating.

• Like 2

As long as you aren't unsuccessful, you will only have to answer to God.

MLO, you left out what I personally consider the most fundamental human right:

Why do we not have the right terminate our own lives at a time and place of our choosing?

Dave

Sometimes I visit those sites, to look at the pics...

Aaaaand... he's back.

Never said I was leaving. Since the forum is now dominated by:

1: A dedicated BS section

2: A thread explaining the BS Section

3: A thread saying the BS section isn't enough

4: A thread for the purposes of padding one's post count to get into the BS section

I figured there will be a dozen more threads about the BS section in days/weeks to come. If that's the topic de jour.... I'll follow twitter or Instagram for Klipsch info, because the BS topic outshines Klipsch topics here for the moment. Going elsewhere for Klipsch info is completely different than to use your words "a dramatic exit". And why would visiting Klipsch's Twitter & Instagram site be a bad thing? (LOL) Gee... now who's being dramatic.

• Like 1

Hippocrates also said no abortions; but, we ignor that & have removed it from the oath.

the one you done hqve is asking a doc or nurse to help....LOL....no help....on ur own!

I think if Hippocrates were here to comment, he'd say that by "Do no harm" he meant just that. Forcing people to undergo weeks or months of horrific suffering when there is no hope and they plead for relief is "harm," IMHO.

There are plenty who take the risk to help and I've known it to happen on several occasions in my lifetime. The last one I was in no doubt about, as it was my best friend of over half a century. The last time we spoke, a few weeks before he passed, I asked if he had things set as he wanted. He'd already told me he go on his own time. He pointed to the morphine drip and said he'd chosen his hospice with care. When they'd instructed his son on it, they made a big deal about "But you must never, never, never depress this and turn this valve past here! If you do so, it may depress his breathing and you will not even notice until it's too late." Couple of weeks later, with all his family around him he went peacefully and without struggle.

Death with dignity is a fundamental human right.

Dave

A stinger generally comes from the rear & they are eating...

Why do they call them mosquito bites? Shouldn't they be called mosquito stings? Or better yet, littleratbastard stings? They are friggin' everywhere up here. Wettest June ever for IL, or at least since they started tracking it. :angry:

• Like 1