Ask Sancho

oldtimer

Often there are wrecks in, or near the tunnel...

It's certainly not surprising.  You go from high speed, bright daylight wide road to a narrow, fluorescently  (dim) lit area that first timers don't know what to expect.  Add a sharp curve at the end of it all and what could possibly go wrong?  I always flip my sun glasses up right at the entrance and my eyes don't have too much to adjust to.

• Moderators

Only in the Mobile tunnel ON the way to Florida, with all the windows down.

I was just there last week.  There certainly wasn't anyone approaching the speed of sound in the tunnel when I passed through.  Solid brake lights.

That's because everything slows down to a crawl around Mobile, there all looking for something interesting along the coast and it's just not there. Except for one thing and it worth going to see, just not during hot months . 

http://www.ussalabama.com/

Edited by dtel
  • Like 1

I actually thought it was a cool idea when I saw the thread title. A good forum can use a "Ask the Expert" Section. A regular good Q&A would be an excellent idea, I would enjoy a legitimate Ask Sancho thread.

Then, I clicked the thread only to learn it was yet another thread about the BS section & about nothing more than padding one's post count. Post away. This forum is not what I was expecting when I joined. I'll just follow the Instagram or Twitter feed for Klipsch info.

They answer that question at the end of Interstellar. Oppppssss. (LOL)

Actually, just ask Steven Wright... he told me the answer when I was interviewing with him.. oh wait never mind that wasn't me.

Aaaaand... he's back.

More questions that bother me so...

If we're the land of the free...

Why am I paying 50% in direct taxes alone?

Why can't I openly drink a beer on a bench that's parked on the sidewalk like I did in the Bahamas?

Why can't I openly roll a fattie in a coffee shop like in Amsterdam?

Why do we have the highest incarceration rate in the world?

Why do we have the lowest mandatory vacation rate in the developed world?

Why can't I easily buy a silencer like in Finland, or a full auto rifle like in the UAE or Saudi Arabia?

Why am I taxed on money I make overseas, which is unlike pretty much the rest of the world?

Why am I not free to know what's in my food or which country it even came from? Why are our politicians actively trying to hide such things?

Why is getting a college education nowadays more or less signing on for 30 years of voluntary enslavement?

Why do we have to pay the government yearly for the right to own our own land, then jump through hoops to avoid our families losing over half of it after we're gone?

Why do we say we have the freedom to protest yet we have such things as "first amendment zones", and heavy-handed smackdowns at the G8 summit and the like?

Why is losing your job so devastating, unlike Germany where you don't have to pay in to health insurance when this happens?

Why can't two willing adults participate in a voluntary transaction like in Germany where prostitution is legal?

Aggravating.

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters
  • Like 1

Just don't start posting a dramatic exit post when you leave nightly. :)

Anybody can be "dramatic."  I prefer to think of myself as "overly dramatic."  :P

+++

I'm leaving now to go work on my basement water damage project.  (the natural result from my previous project fixing the upstairs sink)

Goodbye forever, even though I'm sure nobody will miss me.  :rolleyes:

Aaaaand... he's back.

Never said I was leaving. Since the forum is now dominated by:

1: A dedicated BS section

2: A thread explaining the BS Section

3: A thread saying the BS section isn't enough

4: A thread for the purposes of padding one's post count to get into the BS section

I figured there will be a dozen more threads about the BS section in days/weeks to come. If that's the topic de jour.... I'll follow twitter or Instagram for Klipsch info, because the BS topic outshines Klipsch topics here for the moment. Going elsewhere for Klipsch info is completely different than to use your words "a dramatic exit". And why would visiting Klipsch's Twitter & Instagram site be a bad thing? (LOL) Gee... now who's being dramatic.

• Like 1

Just don't start posting a dramatic exist post when you leave nightly. :)

Yeah... (as I posted above) "dramatic exit post" is not what I said.  I guess if empty one word posts for the purpose of padding your post count is considered a good thing... you can post about it ad nauseam. But if you think that's pointless... one can't offer an opinion. Who knew that having an opposing view was frowned upon??  And yeah... the race/politics of a few months back was old & tiresome. Pretty sure I wasn't alone there. But pardon me for having an opinion on that. 

• Like 1

You should have included the word "legally". People terminate their own lives every day.

People smoke pot every day in Texas.  Of course, I meant legally.  Not only legally but in recognition of the most fundamental human right IMHO:  The right to freedom of interference in your sovereignty over your own person.

It all brings up "but, but, but," BUT without the recognition that, in fact, there are certain inalienable rights and this is the foundation of them all, none are "inalienable" as they remain a matter of consensus and the grant of government. 

Dave

MLO, you left out what I personally consider the most fundamental human right:

Why do we not have the right terminate our own lives at a time and place of our choosing?

Dave

i think thats 1 you do have....the one you done hqve is asking a doc or nurse to help....LOL....no help....on ur own!

Aaaaand... he's back.

Never said I was leaving. Since the forum is now dominated by:

1: A dedicated BS section

2: A thread explaining the BS Section

3: A thread saying the BS section isn't enough

4: A thread for the purposes of padding one's post count to get into the BS section

I figured there will be a dozen more threads about the BS section in days/weeks to come. If that's the topic de jour.... I'll follow twitter or Instagram for Klipsch info, because the BS topic outshines Klipsch topics here for the moment. Going elsewhere for Klipsch info is completely different than to use your words "a dramatic exit". And why would visiting Klipsch's Twitter & Instagram site be a bad thing? (LOL) Gee... now who's being dramatic.

All I'm saying is that you've got a whole lot of words for somebody who supposedly doesn't want to be a part of BS conversations. :)

Pro tip: EVERY forum is full of BS. When you sign on for one you should just automatically assume this. Anybody who is shocked that there's a lot of BS in a forum ought to get out more.

• Moderators
I figured there will be a dozen more threads about the BS section in days/weeks to come. If that's the topic de jour.... I'll follow twitter or Instagram for Klipsch info, because the BS topic outshines Klipsch topics here for the moment.

Probably right, but it's just mostly in the lounge section, everything else is normal, well normal as it is on a normal day. :blink:  :D Just what you said "topic de jour" best describes it, just skip the lounge section and miss it all together. It also tends to get a little slow this time of year, that's normal, weather is warming up and people get out more and do things, it picks back up as summer moves along.  

The excitement is just for something new, and not seen by everyone, but really if everyone could see what it really is, interests would drop off very quickly, the unknown part is the more exciting part, not what's being talked about, I can guarantee you that.  

Edit: there was a section like this before, out of all the people who were in it only a very few ever posted, it was that exciting. :(

Edited by dtel
  • Like 1