Ask Sancho

oldtimer

All I'm saying is that you've got a whole lot of words for somebody who supposedly doesn't want to be a part of BS conversations. :)

Pro tip: EVERY forum is full of BS. When you sign on for one you should just automatically assume this. Anybody who is shocked that there's a lot of BS in a forum ought to get out more.

So, 1 word posts (to pad your post count) is cool.

A whole lot of words (just because one has a different point of view) is not cool. Got it.

Not shocked, been on plenty of forums. Just curious how many BS threads do you need? 10? 20? Unlimited? 

Maybe we can have a contest to see how many BS threads we can create.

- - - - -  

When I visit the forum, I click & check the recent posts at the top of the page (to get caught up on what I missed). Like I said earlier, when I saw the "Ask Sancho" thread, I thought it was a great idea. Just thought it was an different type of thread than it turned out to be. Must have missed the memo where I couldn't post a different point of view.

Edited by Nismo

the one you done hqve is asking a doc or nurse to help....LOL....no help....on ur own!

I think if Hippocrates were here to comment, he'd say that by "Do no harm" he meant just that. Forcing people to undergo weeks or months of horrific suffering when there is no hope and they plead for relief is "harm," IMHO.

There are plenty who take the risk to help and I've known it to happen on several occasions in my lifetime. The last one I was in no doubt about, as it was my best friend of over half a century. The last time we spoke, a few weeks before he passed, I asked if he had things set as he wanted. He'd already told me he go on his own time. He pointed to the morphine drip and said he'd chosen his hospice with care. When they'd instructed his son on it, they made a big deal about "But you must never, never, never depress this and turn this valve past here! If you do so, it may depress his breathing and you will not even notice until it's too late." Couple of weeks later, with all his family around him he went peacefully and without struggle.

Death with dignity is a fundamental human right.

Dave

• Like 2

More questions that bother me so...

If we're the land of the free...

Why am I paying 50% in direct taxes alone?  Because you make too much money...give some to me.

Why can't I openly drink a beer on a bench that's parked on the sidewalk like I did in the Bahamas?  Because you're a sloppy drunk, and everyone knows it.

Why can't I openly roll a fattie in a coffee shop like in Amsterdam?  I have a coffee shop in my kitchen, you are invited....

Why do we have the highest incarceration rate in the world?  Because they all keep escaping, so they are counted twice.

Why do we have the lowest mandatory vacation rate in the developed world?  Vacation?

Why can't I easily buy a silencer like in Finland, or a full auto rifle like in the UAE or Saudi Arabia?  You CAN easily buy one, it's just not legal.

Why am I taxed on money I make overseas, which is unlike pretty much the rest of the world?  If you would stay home, you wouldn't have to worry about it.

Why am I not free to know what's in my food or which country it even came from? Why are our politicians actively trying to hide such things?  We're all going to croak eventually, so what's the difference?

Why is getting a college education nowadays more or less signing on for 30 years of voluntary enslavement?  Because no one has figured out how to pay professors with Cheetos.

Why do we have to pay the government yearly for the right to own our own land, then jump through hoops to avoid our families losing over half of it after we're gone?  Because it's not really yours in the first place.  It belongs to the Vikings.

Why do we say we have the freedom to protest yet we have such things as "first amendment zones", and heavy-handed smackdowns at the G8 summit and the like?  The FBI will be knocking on your door any minute now...

Why is losing your job so devastating, unlike Germany where you don't have to pay in to health insurance when this happens?  Because Germans never get sick.

Why can't two willing adults participate in a voluntary transaction like in Germany where prostitution is legal?  Roll another fattie....

Aggravating.  Is that a question?

All I'm saying is that you've got a whole lot of words for somebody who supposedly doesn't want to be a part of BS conversations. :)

Pro tip: EVERY forum is full of BS. When you sign on for one you should just automatically assume this. Anybody who is shocked that there's a lot of BS in a forum ought to get out more.

So, 1 word posts (to pad your post count) is cool.

A whole lot of words (just because one has a different point of view) is not cool. Got it.

Not shocked, been on plenty of forums. Just curious how many BS threads do you need? 10? 20? Unlimited? 

Maybe we can have a contest to see how many BS threads we can create.

- - - - -  

When I visit the forum, I click & check the recent posts at the top of the page (to get caught up on what I missed). Like I said earlier, when I saw the "Ask Sancho" thread, I thought it was a great idea. Just thought it was an different type of thread than it turned out to be. Must have missed the memo where I couldn't post a different point of view.

OK, so once again, you've apparently missed the point....it's really a lot easier than you think.

1.  Click on thread

2. Read first post

3.  Decide if interested

4.  If yes, reply to thread, continue reading

5.  If no, don't click on thread again

6.  Exit.

• Like 2

Thanks. Reading left to right. Top to bottom. Group words together to form sentences... I'll try that sometime. Great tip.

And if I have something to contribute that might offer an opposing; view keep it to myself. Not. But thanks anyway.

Why do we not have the right terminate our own lives at a time and place of our choosing?

Dave

I've got an answer for that Dave, but I don't have time at the moment (gotta pick up the wife).  I can expand on it later, if you are interested.  I have dealt with several potential suicides, and several suicides.  I have stories.

Edited by wvu80

Why do they call them mosquito bites?  Shouldn't they be called mosquito stings?  Or better yet, littleratbastard stings? They are friggin' everywhere up here.  Wettest June ever for IL, or at least since they started tracking it. :angry:

• Like 1

Thanks. Reading left to right. Top to bottom. Group words together to form sentences... I'll try that sometime. Great tip.

And if I have something to contribute that might offer an opposing; view keep it to myself. Not. But thanks anyway.

You are very welcome.

I've got an answer for that Dave, but I don't have time at the moment (gotta pick up the wife). I can expand on it later, if you are interested. I have dealt with several potential suicides, and several suicides. I have stories.

Always interested in viewpoints on core issues.

Dave

• Moderators

Why do we not have the right terminate our own lives at a time and place of our choosing?

Dave

I've got an answer for that Dave, but I don't have time at the moment (gotta pick up the wife).  I can expand on it later, if you are interested.  I have dealt with several potential suicides, and several suicides.  I have stories.

So does she make you "pick her up often", is this like something y'all do for fun ? :o  :P  If it works, I don't blame you  :emotion-21:  :D

Sorry couldn't help it

the one you done hqve is asking a doc or nurse to help....LOL....no help....on ur own!

I think if Hippocrates were here to comment, he'd say that by "Do no harm" he meant just that. Forcing people to undergo weeks or months of horrific suffering when there is no hope and they plead for relief is "harm," IMHO.

There are plenty who take the risk to help and I've known it to happen on several occasions in my lifetime. The last one I was in no doubt about, as it was my best friend of over half a century. The last time we spoke, a few weeks before he passed, I asked if he had things set as he wanted. He'd already told me he go on his own time. He pointed to the morphine drip and said he'd chosen his hospice with care. When they'd instructed his son on it, they made a big deal about "But you must never, never, never depress this and turn this valve past here! If you do so, it may depress his breathing and you will not even notice until it's too late." Couple of weeks later, with all his family around him he went peacefully and without struggle.

Death with dignity is a fundamental human right.

Dave

well but lotsa people choose the BigMan upstaris to run the life and death questions.....if that BogMan up there done answer, than nobudy gets to move a muscle...ya know? LOL...that's a big part of it all...the rule of the Bigman to set what you can't or could do here....some even say to suffer id glorious and meeningful to the bigman idea...making laws to go around the man upstairs is risky....typhoons and all! LOL!!!!!!!!!