SOLD

kg4guy

I have 4 of these all in excellent condition and are the best pair of speakers I have heard across the board Claude J can confirm as he has these speakers also. $3000 for all 4 these were $3500 each new. Only reason I'm selling these is I'm getting SH96HO synergy horns.

post-25539-0-77280000-1436653811_thumb.j

Edited by kg4guy
  • Like 1

I have 4 of these all in excellent condition and are the best pair of speakers I have heard across the board Claude J can confirm as he has these speakers also. $3000 for all 4 these were $3500 each new. Only reason I'm selling these is I'm getting SH96HO synergy horns.

I have 6 of  of these myself and use 4 of them for surrounds in a 7.1 setup. They have 7 drivers per cabinet (2-12" woofers like a Jubilee), to this purchase would have you listening to 28 drivers in 2 channel mode. Talk about micro detail and RIDICULOUSLY LOW distortion. Paul Klipsch would have approved in principle.

Butting up 2 of these together per side as mains give you 106 db/watt efficiency and they simply stomp a LaScala, which I owned many  from 1977 until recently. Also, a pair of LaScalas are a total 20 cubic feet of space , not including the other 20 cubic feet of dead air space wasted when you corner load them. This 2x2 setup being sold here is only 16 cubic feet total and wastes next to Zero space in a corner. I'm just sayin'.

Add a tapped horn sub or two, or even one or two Tuba subs, and that setup stomps a Khorn and can give a $30,000 KPT-MCM-II B a run for it's money tor less than 5 grand. No brag, just fact. Just so you don't think I'm a complete "traitor" (LOL), I also have a bunch of Klipsch pro stuff too and 3 of my modified Super Heresys which are ported with K-42's and great tweeters.

When PWK quoted an ad of Packard Automobiles, it was "Ask the man who owns one." In my case it's a bunch.

Horns rule! So rock on brothers and sistas!!

Edited by ClaudeJ1

Not trying to take over the thred here but going to show some pics on how i painted my td1's. Cables are still showing and i am not completely done setting everything up, FYI. Painted the horn blue and the shell in black duratex. Looks very very nice.  

post-31857-0-54140000-1436831527_thumb.j

post-31857-0-76540000-1436831543_thumb.j

• Like 1

With a speaker this capable, is not 1 speaker each for lcr more than enough in a home theater set-up. 

Sure they were designed to be used in  pairs for commercial use in larger areas . I have used a pair of SH95's to DJ a wedding in a 100'x100' room and it was more than enough in fact it was amazing.   :D

post-25539-0-65820000-1436941200_thumb.j

Edited by kg4guy

• 2 weeks later...