Dont Look

A1UC

My guess is because there are NONE, set up for photo shoot only.

Now if i can find my latest Pic of the Mancave "Rack" you will see a FULLY operational system, NO CABLES/WIRING.

Then you can come back and ask how i do this, and i'll show ya........i hate exposed wiring B)

post-57941-0-87780000-1436889066_thumb.j

post-57941-0-48420000-1436889078_thumb.j

post-57941-0-45860000-1436889094_thumb.j

• Like 2

Now if i can find my latest Pic of the Mancave "Rack" you will see a FULLY operational system, NO CABLES/WIRING.

Then you can come back and ask how i do this, and i'll show ya........i hate exposed wiring B)

Super clean look!  Nice job.  :emotion-21:

+++

What is the purpose of the sand in the tubes? (in the original post #1 w/link)

• Like 1

Super clean look!  Nice job.  :emotion-21:

+++

What is the purpose of the sand in the tubes? (in the original post #1 w/link)

Sand in the tubes? What?

Edited by minermark

Oh, my guess is sand and or lead to weigh down the flimsy BS construction.

Does the sand have any vibration damping properties?

I've heard of people putting sand in the bottom of tall tower speakers, but I always thought that was for ballast.

+++

Edit:  It would help if I could read.    (no West Virginia jokes accepted at this time please, besides, I've already heard them all)  :rolleyes:

The support tubes can be filled with steel shot and other materials for extra rack deadening. The height between shelves is 9" above the lower shelf and 7" between the top shelves. The width between shelf supports is 19.4".

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

Does the sand have any vibration damping properties?

I've heard of people putting sand in the bottom of tall tower speakers, but I always thought that was for ballast.

+++

Edit:  It would help if I could read.    (no West Virginia jokes accepted at this time please, besides, I've already heard them all)  :rolleyes:

The support tubes can be filled with steel shot and other materials for extra rack deadening. The height between shelves is 9" above the lower shelf and 7" between the top shelves. The width between shelf supports is 19.4".

Couple of 500watt amps would do the job too :emotion-21:

• Like 2

In the original post it points to an ARI ad.  The ad has 3 or 4 pics.

artpq_4.jpg

We had some custom built racks made years ago and we filled them with sand, and had spikes for the floor. It cut down on the resonances. I beleive my friend is giving away one of the racks in Sacramento. If you are interested let me know... it has been in storage and could use new powder paint.

Rack_zps0lvcyaul.jpg

• Like 1