Marine Base Attack

Tarheel

Was this thread locked?

glad you asked…i thought i saw it locked then i saw this one thinking it was that one…now i’m confused and figured I should go hang out in the Old Age thread from now on.

Edited by BigStewMan
  • Like 2

it was likely moi', and the hoodie/flag/white cop comment..... or maybe it was just an itchy mouse-finger'ed moderator, jumping into the fray like a UFC ref. does to cause premature stoppage.

BTW, that no one saw anything wrong, should speak for itself. I think it calls for the ax'ing of a moderator, unless of course it was the "Great One"... all hail Chad

• Like 1

• Moderators

Pretty much only three things can get a thread locked, race, religion or politics.

As Dtel says three simple rules. If you have to ask why it was locked you will never get it and it is a waste of time to try and explain it to you. However, a cursory review if that thread, whether you are a mentally challenged or have an IQ of 146, will reveal transgressions in all three of those verboten topics.

• Moderators

Here are some handy hints for the socially challenged. Mentioning an elected official's name, like a United States' Senator, for example, it is probably going to involve politics. If you mention a country, say like Israel and in the same sentence mention, or allude to anothet country, say Iran, it probably involves international POLITICS.

If you make a post about what people believe, whethet it is opinion or factual, it probably involves religion.

If you post something about people from a particular world region that attempts to make a general observation about a group, then it probably involves race.

If this sounds condescending or high brow, I apologize, but I had to dumb it down for those who were in a quandary as to why the thread with the same title as this was locked.

"But we were being civil and there were no personal attacks." It doesn't matter, there are three simple rules.

"My opinion matters, my content has value." No it doesn't when it comes to race, religion or politics here.

Now lets do something productive like start a pool on who is going to be the first idiot to bring up race, religion or politics in this thread.

Travis

• Moderators

Travis, your 2 posts above have insulted others perhaps, but certainly me.

Well, you will either get it or you won't. I just try to state the obvious and facts. My intention wasn't to insult anyone, but if that is what it takes for people to understand that racial, political or religious views are not appropriate for discussion here, then so be it.

I guess all I can say is that if anyone finds me stating what are clearly the rules as found in the terms of service and been repeated in a 100 different ways over the last two months by moderators and administrators alike, then maybe it is high time they look at themselves before they look at moderators or the host of this forum for answers.

I like this forum, I would like it to be around for a long time to come. I have seen too many companies eliminate their forums or because of comments expressed in that locked thread.

No politics, no race, no religion. If you are insulted about that, then maybe this isn't the forum for you. If it was the manner in which I restated the rules for those who were inquiring about why that thread was obviously locked, all I can say is that people were asking so I tried to answer. It wasn't anything personal on my part.

I guess I could have said it another way, like "pretty please, with sugar on top" don't get threads locked by interjecting politics, religion or race into the discussion. Especially, ones with sincere thoughts about the tragedy befallen our service members.

I wouldn't really worry about it though, it will continue to happen. Threads will continue to be locked, and people will continue to wonder why they are locked.

The big question I have is why is it that when a person announces a tragedy and states there best wishes and thoughts for the victims of that tragedy that is in some sort of way inviting a discussion about the cause of that tragedy? Or asking for a solution to the problem? Someone took the time and effort to post the news, convey their sorrow, and their desire that others join in their thoughts and prayers. If they wanted to know the cause of the tragedy, or the solution they would have asked.

I guess it is because everyone here has a genuine desire to be helpful.

So in what is hopefully a kinder and gentler way of of trying to be helpful, the thread was most likely locked because it discussed thing which are not allowed by the forum rules and terms if service, namely, race, religion, and politics. However, that is entirely speculation on my part. It is entirely possible that the moderator(s) who locked it may have simply been insulted.

Pretty much only three things can get a thread locked, race, religion or politics.

As Dtel says three simple rules. If you have to ask why it was locked you will never get it and it is a waste of time to try and explain it to you. However, a cursory review if that thread, whether you are a mentally challenged or have an IQ of 146, will reveal transgressions in all three of those verboten topics.

You forgot to mention pictures of Painted Lady's.  I posted pictures of Lady's that had exposed breasts painted so you could not see any skin of the so called offensive areas.  Nothing I wouldn't let my kids see when they were in grade school, but it won't fly here.

Not sure what that says about me or anyone else.  But it is what it is.