La Scala's for sale - Missouri

Matthews

you do know that lascala 1's only come in plywood          don't you
had no clue, but didn't matter at all.

you do know the difference between plywood and veneer     don't you
yeah. not completely stupid. 

my point is that birch raw is the best looking when its left raw and not stained
that is fine. i however like the veneered versions much better.  
  • Like 1

That is a matter of taste; I'd stain them in a New York minute...

Don't like beer, much less Budweiser, either...

your lascalas are gorgeous. birch raw or birch lacquer is the only 2 flavors for me.

except for these

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Klipsch-La-Scala-II-Floor-Standing-Speakers-Pair-/321802994862?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aecf404ae

lol says the guy with one pair of walnut lacquer and three pairs of walnut oil... B)

you do know that lascala 1's only come in plywood don't you

you do know the difference between plywood and veneer don't you

my point is that birch raw is the best looking when its left raw and not stained as the OP's are

Dark brown birch and walnut are much different looking lol

And yes schu. Walnut lascala.

I dont think I have ever seen a La Scala 1in Walnut. Come to think of it, only Birch and Black. 

The nicest stock version of the La Scala I was LS-BSL: factory stained and lacquered, which does look close to the walnut (see avatar).

There likely were a few special ordered La Scala, but I don't know that I have seen a pair.

• Like 1

The nicest stock version of the La Scala I was LS-BSL: factory stained and lacquered, which does look close to the walnut (see avatar).

There likely were a few special ordered La Scala, but I don't know that I have seen a pair.

Those look great opus.   I like the refined two series and how they're applying veneer now, but I really like the looks of the old school 1 series split in lacquered birch with the cane or fake cane like these. I could live without the handles though.

1325B.jpg

1325A.jpg

• Like 2

Show me... I have never seen a walnut La Scala that is not a LSII. I am not saying there aren't any, I have never seen one. (stain doesn't count)

Edited by Schu
  • Like 1

^^^ I like those, strip & walnut stain; or not, depending on preference...

Yeah, Im a sucker for aged or "yellowed' lacquer finish. After that, I like raw birch, but it takes so little to stain the raw wood. A little oil would take care of that though

c0143750_19452123.jpg

• Like 1

Show me... I have never seen a walnut La Scala. I am not saying there aren't any, I have never seen one.

sorry schu not gonna post a pic from my

Phone. Look up the lascala ii and you will it's offered in black ash, cherry, or walnut veneer. Walnut lascalas or khorns would be the only finish I would ever own. Just my preference.

• Like 1