La Scala's for sale - Missouri

Matthews

That's 728db sensitivity to that fantastic animal!

Yes, these lil pups ears are extremely sensitive, willum.  Anytime I listen at an elevated output, the dogs are put out to run in the back yard.  NEVER are the dogs inside when I choose a short jam session.  My life revolves around these two and they are spoiled rotten :)  - would never do anything to hurt them

• Like 1

Selling my beloved...

1996 La Scala, lacquered birch.  All original with consecutive serial numbers.  Excellent condition!  $1800

attachicon.gifforsale.jpg

That's a great picture!  Are those KLF 30's next to the LaScala's?  I haven't seen or heard KLF 30's, (or whatever those are) but damn, those make RF-7's look small.  GLWS!

That's a great picture! Are those KLF 30's next to the LaScala's? I haven't seen or heard KLF 30's, (or whatever those are) but damn, those make RF-7's look small. GLWS!

LOL, yes, these KLF-30's dwarf the 7's.  When I had a pair of RF-7's, I always wanted Klipsch to extend the line, just like the sevens except with dual 12" and 15" woofers.  ...and maybe separate mid/high horns.  The RF-212 & RF-215??? :)

That is how I discovered the 30, and the pursuit began :ph34r:

Thanks, tnr

Matt

Edited by Matthews

I've seen quite a few KLF-30's on CL, but seeing them next to your LaScala's really has me wanting to see & hear some.  That really gave me some perspective of their size. Why are you parting with your LaScala's?  This goes without saying, but those are very sweet.  Sleep on it tonight, maybe you will keep them.  How close are you to Denver?  I have a friend that just moved back near Denver from Houston.  They may be too big for his current digs, until his new house is done.

Nevermind....You are in MO, I don't know why I thought you were in CO.  Vodka tonics kicking in, maybe?   :wacko:

Edited by tnr
  • Like 1

Hmmm, Matt, seems like we may have a sweet spot with our 30s, right?  Of course, my 20s as surrounds, and my 10s downstairs in my office are not bad.  Actually, the 10s are overkill in my office, and are to be sold . . . .

• Like 1

Hmmm, Matt, seems like we may have a sweet spot with our 30s, right?

Indeed, Jim :)  I am liking what I hear so far.  I really need to move these Scala's, give em' 30's room to breath.  Think I am going to have to move them into the dinning room until they are sold.

Having the KLF's sure makes the sting of loosing the La Scala a little more bearable...

Hmmm, Matt, seems like we may have a sweet spot with our 30s, right?

Indeed, Jim :)  I am liking what I hear so far.  I really need to move these Scala's, give em' 30's room to breath.  Think I am going to have to move them into the dinning room until they are sold.

Having the KLF's sure makes the sting of loosing the La Scala a little more bearable...

Letting a co-worker store his LaScala's in my basement with me hooking them up and rockin' them the whole time (maybe 6 months to a year, I don't remember), is what started this whole Klipsch sickness.  I shouldn't have ever let them leave the basement in my last house.  He offered them to me at a fair price at the time, but I was not familiar enough and thought they may soon be prone to the rotted surrounds.  Oh well, I am enjoying Eat A Peach right now through the Khorns, thanks to "storing" those LaScala's.   :wink:

• Like 2

how did you come up with the year 96 from those serial numbers

122nd day in 1995.  The original owner must have purchased them in '96.  Geez!  I thought it was going to be WAY OFF or something...

Thank you for the "heads up" however, Budman :)

Edited by Matthews
  • Like 1