1987 La Scala

houndog

Hahaha you guys crack me up!! No disrespect to anybody..what in the name of god do you guys care about the freaking serial numbers for!!! IT DOES NOT IMPROVE THE SOUND OF THE SPEAKER!!!NO they are not consecutive. And who cares about the crossover. If you put these side by side you wont know the difference!! Why do people think they are going to improve the best!!YOU ARE NOT!! If you must second guess a Klipsch speaker,you need to get a life..sorry for the rant..but people need to pull their heads out from between their legs...

Nice pics in CL ad.

Couple of reasons a person spending $1800 might want to see pics:

1. Determine Type Crossover: AL

Since it is over 20 years old, nearly 30, it will need to be re-built to sound best.

2. Determine year: they are, in fact 1986's...

• Like 1

Hahaha you guys crack me up!! No disrespect to anybody..what in the name of god do you guys care about the freaking serial numbers for!!! IT DOES NOT IMPROVE THE SOUND OF THE SPEAKER!!!NO they are not consecutive. And who cares about the crossover. If you put these side by side you wont know the difference!! Why do people think they are going to improve the best!!YOU ARE NOT!! If you must second guess a Klipsch speaker,you need to get a life..sorry for the rant..but people need to pull their heads out from between their legs...

For $1800, most people (not just Klipsch forum members), will want to know what they are getting.

The crossovers do make a difference on the sound. 

For stock crossovers, the A/AA or AL-3 are considered the best.  I have heard the difference between AL-3 and earlier AL/AL-2.

The AL-3 sounded better, punchier with the sound.  Your 1986 pair of La Scala have the AL crossover.

The consecutive doesn't improve the sound.  Nor does them looking pretty for that matter.

So, yours don't likely sound better than the $75 pair of La Scala that I once bought or the ones that frequently pop up for much less than your asking price.

However, you are trying to sell something for $1800, to people that likely know as much or more about them than you.

If you want to sell them here, I wouldn't make fun of the potential buyers (or do, it doesn't matter to me).

However, you said you really want to sell them, so you figure it out.

They look very nice, except for the mutilated labels, which likely said they were factory stained and lacquered (as nice as they sold the original La Scala).

Edited by opusk2k9
  • Like 1

Hahaha you crack me up , you post your speakers here as a newbie and post some crap like this ? maybe you should stick to craigslist and deal with people on there , I'm sure you'll find plenty of people like you .

Also your asking top $$$ for those , GLWS 

im sure I m asking top dollar..but iv never sold or bought anything for asking price.thats why I got best offer..i didn't mean to ruffle any feathers. But these speakers perform as they did when I bought them at the air force base bx store..

Yes, it's unfortunate that you decided to take the route that you did, because there are quite a number of active members here in the Michigan/Indiana/Ohio/Illinois area that regularly buy and sell gear.  I had seriously considered your speakers (although not at the ask), and had hoped to work with you, alas, not any longer.  And if you care, (which apparently you do not), considering the crossovers and the non-consecutive serials, my estimation is that your top dollar would be $1200.  Have fun.

Yes, it's unfortunate that you decided to take the route that you did, because there are quite a number of active members here in the Michigan/Indiana/Ohio/Illinois area that regularly buy and sell gear. I had seriously considered your speakers (although not at the ask), and had hoped to work with you, alas, not any longer. And if you care, (which apparently you do not), considering the crossovers and the non-consecutive serials, my estimation is that your top dollar would be $1200. Have fun.

Agreed, as another Michigan member who was also turned off. Fools and their speakers never shall part.

Edited by Tremors

im sure I m asking top dollar..but iv never sold or bought anything for asking price.thats why I got best offer..i didn't mean to ruffle any feathers. But these speakers perform as they did when I bought them at the air force base bx store..

OK, so, one more time....whether they are "performing" the same (to you) as when you bought them is not the point.  You are basically dealing with something of a relative antique here...Capacitors dry up, and wear out, that's why the issue with the crossovers.  And, there are crossover design considerations.  Many prefer a different crossover design than what you are selling.  Driver diaphragms wear out, and many replace the tweeter diaphragms or the entire tweeter, due to improvements of same.  Consecutive serial numbers matter due to the fact that if they are consecutive, then likely closely matched components were used in the pair, built, tested and inspected by the same Klipsch employees, cabinet finishes will be closely matched, etc.  

It's important to understand the "market" for these types of speakers, and not just Klipsch, but Altec, JBL, AR, etc, etc, etc.  Not to mention the fact that your CL ad asks $2100, then your post here originally states $2000, then states $1800.  Then you didn't post additional photos when asked.  That's a must....Folks who spend this kind of money on vintage audio equipment want to know what they are getting, otherwise, you are wasting your time and theirs.

Edited by jimjimbo
  • Like 1

Does not look like serial numbers are consecutive but looks like finish is good match. If your the original owner I would like to hear the story on how you got serial numbers so far apart. Were they bought from a dealer?  As for your previous post about ones head out of ones a** there a lot of people on this forum. Even at least one who has worked at Klipsch and built most of the models. So the next time you come on a forum with 35000 members you might want to be a little more polite. Rick