This is just wrong!, or spoiled child?

totalcomfort

OK, you guys made me look!  :lol:  It is in storage in the computer room.   I just saw several of you might be interested.  I don't want to engage in a bidding war and of course I want to be fair.  If you guys are serious I'd like to see it go somewhere it would be appreciated, so we can set a price and get this sorted out.

It's a Nak 582.  I bought it because in its time it was one of only two tape decks at that time that had the horsepower to truly magnetize metal tapes.  I converted my precious drum and bugle corps records to the metal tapes instead of the standard Maxell UD XLII because the metal was said to not lose its charge even after 20 years of use.  I think it also had the feature to manually adjust the bias of each head which was something I thought I wanted, but I never used that feature.

I'm sure I have not made more than 30 tapes on it so I haven't used the Nak 582 probably since the 90's.

If you really think you want it, I'll not try to sell it anywhere else and give you the Klipsch Forum Discount to make it worth your while.  B)

It's in storage, but here's a stock pic (not my unit, but this is what is looks like)

2nakamichi2.jpg

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

I'll bow out on this one if you'd like it oldtimer.

I'd love to find a nice condition RX series Nak!  You know the ones with the auto-reverse that flips the tape around?  Most of these I've ever seen are torn up and worn looking.  

A BX-300 would also be a good one so my wife could play all the tapes she still has.  Dad had a 480 but it got pitched before I could save it after the tornado. I don't think it was exposed to any water but the belts were bad.  

The "Barney" CD was my daughter's favorite on my modest living room system when she was tiny. Also, there were "Wheels on the bus" type cassettes. Then came a series of programs about Beatrix Potter and her story books. Theme music for those programs was composed by Colin Towns from Ian Gillan's solo bands, so there was a connection for me.

Then son came along, he just liked to listen to what "Daddy" listened to.

About the time daughter was eight and son was three, they discoverd a song on an Ian gillan solo album that they thought was perfect for family dancing. So dance we did, and laughed.

Now , when we do housework (when children and I are here at the same time), they introduce me to what they haved discovered. Much of it is interesting at the very least. And daughter may even put on a Blackmore's night album.

Always let your children share in the listening choices. You'll will be the happier for it.

John

• Like 4

We needed to keep my daughter busy yesterday while we worked on a couple projects. I turned on her music and gave her my headphones...it was great. Before long she was singing along, dancing, and finally playing with her dolls all to the music. I ended up spending almost as much time watching her do that as I did working on projects. Priceless.

• Like 1

I'll bow out on this one if you'd like it oldtimer.

I'd love to find a nice condition RX series Nak!  You know the ones with the auto-reverse that flips the tape around?  Most of these I've ever seen are torn up and worn looking.  

A BX-300 would also be a good one so my wife could play all the tapes she still has.  Dad had a 480 but it got pitched before I could save it after the tornado. I don't think it was exposed to any water but the belts were bad.

I had one of those back in the 80s. Amazing, wish I still had it.

My Grandchild dose me the same way.  I usually accommodate her and play what she likes or watch kids stuff on Netflix.  It is good bonding time.  The day will come when she will not be interested much in what you like. :)

Sad but true, however the kids that do spend a lot of quality time with parents and grandparents tend to be more well rounded. It is at this age their personalities and values are being shaped (as well as tastes).