Juicy Music Merlin

finallygotmyheresies

I bought this from Audiogon a few months ago. I've decided to sell off my equipment and change hobbies.

Everything works, no damage. Original box and manual. I will quote the listing

I paid $678 shipped, will sell for $600 shipped and I'll eat the paypal fee

I'm not disappointed in this unit at all I'm just not going to have a 2-channel setup.

From Audiogon Listing:

Up for sale is a Juicy Music Merlin tube preamplifier. I purchased the amp used about six years ago and it has seen light use. The tubes were getting a bit mircophonic so I just replaced them a few weeks ago and there are less than 10 hours on the new tubes (EH 6h30Pi gold and JAN-GE 6x4wA.) Preamp is in great shape with no flaws to speak of. Ships in original box with manual. Haven't seen one of these for sale in quite some time. Here is a link to a review: http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/equipment/1206/juicymusic_merlin.htm

post-36875-0-49620000-1442524272_thumb.j

post-36875-0-50980000-1442524283_thumb.j

post-36875-0-08180000-1442524297_thumb.j

Edited by finallygotmyheresies

Guest thesloth
The hobby is "home projects" lol. First up I'm going to plant winter grass

I scratched my head for a second and then noticed you were in Arizona. I was like wtf is winter grass? LOL

I have lived in New England my whole life, winter grass is snow here.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Guys this is up for sale again.  I had to change directions on my system.  I don't have enough shelf space for a separate DAC and Phono.  Also.....I need one more input.

I had this crazy idea of having two Merlins (I have another one), but this was a bad idea as there is too much cabling and I'm going crazy.

I have owned A Blueberry Extreme, Peach I and II, Tercel and auditioned pCats in my home.  I can easily say that Merlins are my fav of the past JMA line.  I'm gonna sell the one I just bought which apparently has new tubes.  I'll keep the one I've always had.  Sadly it will go on the shelf for now.  I've had it a long time and don't have the heart to let it go.

This unit for sale has pictures above in this thread.  I'm going to add some more here.  There is a super tiny flaw in the upper left corner of the face plate you can see.  It was on the previous pictures.  You would have to walk right up to the unit to see it.

All knobs work fine.  No buzz or hiss if hooked up to the correct equipment.  I had this unit hooked up to two monoblocked MC250's and some KP-250's playing an Ipod.  Dead quiet and sounds wonderful.  Just so you know, my feeling is that this preamp mated with vintage solid state mac amps and pushing Heritage......hard to beat for the money.

Same deal as before.  $600 shipped and insured in CONUS.  I have the same box and materials sent to me.

post-14392-0-48220000-1449952347_thumb.j

post-14392-0-97140000-1449952363_thumb.j

post-14392-0-63700000-1449952377_thumb.j

post-14392-0-77220000-1449952390_thumb.j

post-14392-0-03060000-1449952405_thumb.j

post-14392-0-32940000-1449952423_thumb.j

• Like 1

If you ever need help with it Mark Deneen (not associated with KLIPSCH) will be glad to oblige.

I emailed M Deneen recently.  He is fully retired but said he would assist locating a tech to work on his past products.

Very nice, is that Mahogany on the sides ?

Not sure.  Identical to my other one.

Walnut

That was my second guess, the pores looked big like a Mahogany but the color sure looked like Walnut, figured maybe a stain.

Probably good information for a interested buyer.