$125 La Scala - Oh Geeze! What have I got myself into now?

Matthews

There really won't be any "profit" if you factor in the cost of your labor, so you are basically going to break even on these, if that.

to keep them in the family, "breaking even" is a win-win outcome :)

I finally figured out what you meant by "keep them in the family" and Mookie's goofy looking ninja emoticon that I couldn't figure out.  My browser skipped over your giant SOLD post so I didn't see it until this morning.

Congrats to you and Mookie on the re-birth of your newly adopted child.  :D

So does Mookie have to start his own thread on how he will complete the finish on the LS's, or does he get custody of this thread?  B)

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 2

I guess I have to get better at using emoji's. I was kidding about burning them, just don't see much use for them. Free crossover to forum members plus shipping. Act now, get the second one free too!

LOL!  That was pretty funny.   :lol:   :ph34r:   :lol:

Also, I like the idea of the thread staying with the LS's.  It will be cool to see how the journey turns out.

PM sent on the XO's.  B)

Edited by wvu80

Yup, working on getting some pricing for servicing the crossovers and horn drivers now.  Will most likely just do the very best I can with the cabinets.  Parts of them are so far gone though, new fabs may be my best alternative.  The biggest problem with building new cabinets is my table saw is really crappy.  For small projects it is great.  The bigger stuff becomes more difficult. Going to have to be creative and improvise.

Cut the tops off and build Quarter Pies. You can use K33 woofers in them and get REAL horn bass instead of a resonating sealed box below 100hz. cutoff of a LaScala.

Edited by ClaudeJ1

Cut the tops off and build Quarter Pies.

was seriously considering this. Then "Mookie" step in and expressed interest.  Out of my hands now, well soon out of my hands (come get your speakers, Sir Mookie! :blink2: )

Get Eminence 15C

...found a brand new K-33E for $104.60

Cut the tops off and build Quarter Pies.

was seriously considering this. Then "Mookie" step in and expressed interest.  Out of my hands now, well soon out of my hands (come get your speakers, Sir Mookie! :blink2: ) You want to do quarter pies, go for it. I was going to finish these out for my shop.

Get Eminence 15C

...found a brand new K-33E for $104.60

Matt, You want to do quarter pies, go for it. I was going to finish these out for my shop.

I would have gone for the Kappa also but Matt had already bought the K-33! I still may go down that road as I am sure I will be tweaking many (many) times over the next several years.

Edited by MookieStl

Yes, one "like new" R-115 + $700 cash. Was hoping he may have a little sympathy being I am the one who sold them to him at a drastically reduced price?

edit: if he does not take my offer, I am out. That is the best I can do...

Edited by Matthews

edit: if he does not take my offer, I am out. That is the best I can do...

I feel for you, my friend.  State your price and be done with it.

I try not to fall in love with my "stuff."  It seems like it always costs me more money. 

• Like 1