Khorn Glass Tops

ZEUS121996

The local glass company quoted me $265 each for 1/4 inch and $540 each for 3/8. Does anyone know of a company online, and do these prices seem high or is it just me being cheap?

That is high!  Glass ain't that expensive, look around for a better price.  You could buy some smoked glass end table and use that glass, lol.

Thanks David!

1/4 inch tempered, tinted and pencil ground matte edges are $204 plus $62 shipping to Chicago. I'm still going to try Chris's plan with the 1 inch cloth, but will probably end up with the glass from them

I added the same glass for a Belle center and CWs and the total for all 5 pieces shipped was roughly $420, good deal!

Thanks again

Mark

Edited by ZEUS121996

The felt absorption idea can be applied over the top of the glass tops only when you're listening, and filed away when you're not.  That's something that I've done with my Belles in the past.

Chris

Mine were $35 each from the local glass shop. 1/4" but that wasn't smoked. Tried to smoke them but they wouldn't stay lit.

I've been trying some edge lighting of the glass. 1st pic is edge lit w/ ccfl tube, 2nd is lit from the back edges w/ grain of wheat leds in an aluminum channel. They both look good with a green glow to them. The green is due to the iron content of the glass. They are the the Worst thing I have ever tried to get an image of so the pics don't do them justice. The real effect is more subtle.

I have glass on almost all of the good wood furniture and all speakers in the house. RSW-15 required vinyl dots under glass since it tended to walk off of the speaker.

Nothing is idiot proof but it does make things idiot resistant and mostly stops time for the wood.

post-33164-0-05780000-1447205222_thumb.j

post-33164-0-39700000-1447205244_thumb.j