May it rest in pieces......

The History Kid

This will probably hurt Klipsch more than any of the rest of us (since I don't think any of us own any of the new Icon Reference gear).

I was on my break at work yesterday. My phone was dead so I left it on the charger in the break room and walked next door to Best Buy to look around. God knows I won't actually shop there for anything other than a Dasani water (because it's close and I need a drink sometimes at work). I wandered back to the home theater section and was looking around at a few of the things they had on display...mainly TV's - the rest of the stuff was boring (we have no Magnolia section).

I then went over to look at the speakers they had - if for anything else just to chuckle at them. That's when I noticed one of the R-28F towers' grill was askew. So I figured "hey, I'm a nice guy, I'll just put it back how it's supposed to be." When taking the cover off though, I noticed that someone had ripped off the rubber surround and scratched up the driver both behind and on the face. It was one of the most terrifying scenes of speaker gore I had seen in person.

Needless to say, the person at Best Buy didn't seem to care too much, they just shrugged it off. Kinda irked me a bit. Might have to talk to their department manager on that one. Then again, they're on the fifth or sixth in 2 years...lol.

They're not on commission so it doesn't really matter of there are more working floor models or not.

I remember when they actually had a sound room with no less than 15-speakers and 10 receivers to sample.

....as long as they sell lots of intangible things like extended warranties, that's all the store cares about.

Edited by Mighty Favog

They're not on commission so it doesn't really matter of there are more working floor models or not.

I remember when they actually had a sound room with no less than 15-speakers and 10 receivers to sample.

....as long as they sell lots of intangible things like extended warranties, that's all the store cares about.

I remember a while back buying a cheap printer there and it did not come with a cord, the cord was also more expensive than the speaker. I think of screwing Best Buy every time I order something on Amazon.

I noticed that someone had ripped off the rubber surround and scratched up the driver both behind and on the face. It was one of the most terrifying scenes of speaker gore I had seen in person.

I see this at thrift stores. You see a nice pair of vintage speakers, go to inspect the drivers and the cones are kicked-in, ripped or mashed.

I noticed that someone had ripped off the rubber surround and scratched up the driver both behind and on the face. It was one of the most terrifying scenes of speaker gore I had seen in person.

I see this at thrift stores. You see a nice pair of vintage speakers, go to inspect the drivers and the cones are kicked-in, ripped or mashed.

That's terrible. :( Kinda like the "only light use" CL ads with totally warped drivers.