TSA undercover

Matthews

You are the one who opened up this thread for the whole world to see and comment on. From experience and knowledge my "opinion" is that $150 for a 1uF 630V capacitor is crazy talk and is what hikes the price of these amps up. Sorry just an observation.

I always find that the folks who choose to use these snake oil parts in their build blindly think because they cost more they are better, but they fail to explain technically why they are better and how they will improve their amp. I usually see some generic comment like "I found no other capacitor that sounded as good in the amp when testing". Golden ear syndrome all over again.

You may just have a lot of money and your only cause for using these sort of capacitors is that they are expensive and you don't care, now that is a reasonable answer I can accept.

Edited by xxJPMxx

You may just have a lot of money and your only cause for using these sort of capacitors is that they are expensive and you don't care, now that is a reasonable answer I can accept.

The OP doesn't need to answer to you in regards to how he spends his money.  Start another thread about caps if you like.

• Like 1

I don't want to start a thread about capacitors. He started a thread about his amps being built and posted pictures of them, I am commenting on the pictures. How is me saying expensive caps are snake oil offensive, it's my opinion, take it or leave it. Agree to disagree, or discuss them.

Isn't the point of this forum to discuss tube amps? I do know there is no advertising (supposedly) on this forum which this and pretty much all of toolshedmatt's threads are. Give me a break.

Bend over...

http://www.partsconnexion.com/DUELUND-79524.html

You work with the money you can afford. If a guy can swing the cash, why not...

Jensen copper foil capacitors aren't snake oil. Overpriced, but not snake oil. That being said, I wish I had some to try...but not for those prices. They can be had for considerably less if one scrounges around.

Snake oil is magic pebbles, stickers you put on your walls, C37 you slather all over your components, blue tac, CD treatments...you get the idea.

SWWWEEEEET......I guess your building these yourself??? I do not know much about these. But from your pics they will be cooool. Rick

I wish I could take credit for these beauties, Rick!  I am merely the consumer, ALL credit goes to the builder, Matt of Tool Shed Audio :emotion-21:

...and a few more tasty morsels

post-36834-0-48540000-1449928789_thumb.jpost-36834-0-14780000-1449928805_thumb.j

• Like 1

man that looks purdie. Is he sending this to you while he builds the other one?

Yup, the amp is done and should be at my door early next week -YAY- 

Matt of Tool Shed said the pre (aka Exodus Linestage) should be complete and ready the 1st week of January.  Can't wait to play these babies !!!  ...bye bye SS :P

• Like 2

Matt,

I'm actually getting my Chinese amp redone. I have new wiring in the circuit and a few upgrades,replaced all the caps and resistors with upgraded stuff.

I'm hoping to get it right after Christmas. Christmas was very expensive for me this year with the kids and their lists, so I figured I'd have the Class A SET redone. I'm probably almost as excited as you. After it comes back, my vintage Sansui goes out for restoration.

• Like 1