What are you paying for WATER

Arrow#422

I can tell ya my electric bill is around $280 a month...we have electric base board heat, so in the winter we heat the house with wood.....three cords of wood $600.... that should get is through this winter. Only made one fire so far this year....a very mild Dec so far.

The water thing.....were on well and septic system.....free right......NOT..... about ten years ago or so around Christmas our well went dry....oh boy what Christmas that was.....

The guy that drilled most all the wells in the county lived just up the road from us. This guy has been drilling wells before I was born. My wife and spoke with him....he new just where lived....he told us just how far he would have to drill to hit water and gave us a rough price for the job...with just a hand shake the next day he had a crew and drill rig at my house.

With a new 170ft hole in my back yard, new pump, pipes, electric, permits and filling the old well....the cost to have H2O....around $6000....

About two years after that our septic system took a shitt......the cost to flush....about $7000....that incl removing a tree, permits, pipes and the new drain fields....

Every time I drink a glass of water or flush my poo I'm thankfull....

MKP :-)

Here is our local water pricing structure

Consumption per month:
First 20,000 gallons per 1,000 gallons $2.55
Next 30,000 gallons per 1,000 gallons $2.38
All over 50,000 per 1,000 gallons $2.06

Waste water

Customer Charge (per month)
Customer Charge $5.77
Rate per 1,000 gallons $6.38
Minimum (includes first 2,000 gallons) $18.53

There is a flat charge for wastewater during the months of May through Oct. for around $49.00 which is a big help for owners with sprinkler systems and swimming pools

Edited by Max2

Average water bill is $40 per month to about $200 per month. 

I am on a half acre but have a lot of xeriscape landscaping, water efficient drippers, etc.  The summer bills were closer to $400 before I converted.  I have 2,000 feet of grass that I really want to get rid of.  That should help.    Welcome to the desert. 

OK, I was lazy regarding post #2. According to our most recent water bill, we pay $4.21/1,000 gallons and the sewer rate is $8.88/1,000 gallons of water used.

At those rates, I'll now spend less time focusing on drinking the water and more time savoring its departure. Gotta get better reading material for the "library."

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 1