Paying It Forward

Jim

I have a Dual CS-506-1 that I would like to offer up to someone for the price of shipping if not local to me.

I recently had someone do something for me and to "pay it forward", I'd like to offer this table up. The only thing I ask is that you don't post it for sale on here, and give it to someone who will use it and appreciate it as I have.

The table is like new and was restored about a year ago. It will come with an Ortofon OM10 cartridge, a cork mat for those who like them as well as the original,and a custom clear cover made for this table. It is a belt drive manual table with the arm raising and shutting down the motor at the end of the record. I have enjoyed the table but have upgraded to 2 others and originally was looking to sell it,until the kind act I have bestowed upon me, made me have a change of heart for the monetary purpose.

I will ship this table with the platter removed,the cartridge removed,the counterweight removed,and the cover removed and all will be bubble wrapped and packed in the same box separately for protection.

This is my way of saying Thank You to the person who did for me.

post-59264-0-32520000-1450970314_thumb.j     post-59264-0-81000000-1450970245_thumb.j     post-59264-0-10920000-1450970215_thumb.j

• Like 11

I hope someone that doesn't have a rig and wants to jump into vinyl or has a vinyl collection and wants to get back into listening to it gets this. I was going to upgrade from what I have now but I really like the fully automatic feature it has. I usually listen to music while I work, my workshop is in the next room over so I sometimes can't run to the player to lift the needle. I have a Denon DP-300F with an Ortofon 2M red Cartridge, it sounds really balanced to me. I have heard a lot of expensive turntables and I can't justify the cost.

• Like 1

If you don't mind it being used out on the garage i can use it.

Not the greatest of environments for gear. Unless of course you have a finished garage that cars dont' go in and out of.

Just pull in the bike when I'm not working on something.

My Pioneer SX-780 has been out here for years without a problem, there is space heaters i use out there when I'm working so its not too bad.

Just some saw dust i blow off with compressed air is the routine.

Have not listened to my records for years.

Edited by jason str

If you don't mind it being used out on the garage i can use it.

Not the greatest of environments for gear. Unless of course you have a finished garage that cars dont' go in and out of.

Just pull in the bike when I'm not working on something.

My Pioneer SX-780 has been out here for years without a problem, there is space heaters i use out there when I'm working so its not too bad.

Just some saw dust i blow off with compressed air is the routine.

Have not listened to my records for years.

It should be fine then.   Good luck I hope you get it then!! :)

My garage is opened and closed multiple times a day and wet cars sit in there......it's not pretty.

• Like 1

Awesome Jim.  BTW when the arm returns at the end it is called semi-automatic.  I like that feature.

It doesn't return, it just lifts off the record at the end, then stops. You have to manually return it ti the arm rest.

The 506 was made that way and the user manual also states it. It says it's a manual table, which I also say it is, but others have said it's not manual as the arm raises at the end. It's a safety issue so you don't mess up the stylus or record.

The nice thing with this table is the cartridge is very easily upgradeable with the stylus. I have the same cartridge on another table and it has 3 of the 4 stylus available for it.

• 2 weeks later...

Turntable came today, may need some help setting it up.

Lid cracked in shipping but otherwise OK.

Looks to be in very nice condition.

Lots to do right now so hooking it up will have to wait a bit unfortunately.

Can't wait to spin some vinyl once again.

Thank you again Jim.

Lid cracked in shipping but otherwise OK.

Boy that's got to be aggravating!  :angry:

You guys should have insured it for a couple thousand, it being vintage and irreplaceable and all.

It was insured, I make sure I always ship with insurance nowadays.

• Like 1