Alert!, Ms. Valerie Klipsch!

OK, I have NEVER been one to beat around the bush, or worry about stepping on toes, and this is no time for me to change my M.O.!!

Christy had asked for people to write little notes that she would pass on to Ms. Valerie as she is having some health problems and is presently in a Nursing Home and as any of us would in that situation, could probably use some cheering up :)

One of the forum members suggested we take up a collection to send Ms. Valerie some flowers, and Christy said if we wanted to send the money to her, she would take it upon herself to do the leg work and make it happen!

I contacted Christy to ask how she wanted me to send $20, and she said that I might as well keep it as not one single Klipsch Forum member had sent a single dollar and she wasn't going to twist anyone's arm!

WELL, I aint that Damn nice!!!

We have Doctors, Dentists, Lawyers, self made business owners here and nobody can chip in 20 bucks???

If you own VRDs, McIntosh, Juicy Music, Paladiums, Jubes, Klipschorns, Belles, Clear Audio TT, Vue stylus, etc., and can't throw $20 to make Paul's Widow smile in her final years while she still can, if you have been a member here for years and post at least weekly and can't throw 20 bucks towards some flowers for Paul's widow, then you make me want to puke :emotion-41: 

Search your heart, if you enjoy this place and use it regularly, think of it as dues!!

I am going to contact Christy and see if she will post an address and means to send the money.

THIS NEEDS TAKEN CARE OF!!!!

Roger

First time hearing of this or seeing this thread!!! Yes, I'll contribute - especially since she is a widow, not because of the Klipsch name.

• Like 2

OK, I have NEVER been one to beat around the bush, or worry about stepping on toes, and this is no time for me to change my M.O.!!

Christy had asked for people to write little notes that she would pass on to Ms. Valerie as she is having some health problems and is presently in a Nursing Home and as any of us would in that situation, could probably use some cheering up :)

One of the forum members suggested we take up a collection to send Ms. Valerie some flowers, and Christy said if we wanted to send the money to her, she would take it upon herself to do the leg work and make it happen!

I contacted Christy to ask how she wanted me to send $20, and she said that I might as well keep it as not one single Klipsch Forum member had sent a single dollar and she wasn't going to twist anyone's arm!

WELL, I aint that Damn nice!!!

We have Doctors, Dentists, Lawyers, self made business owners here and nobody can chip in 20 bucks???

If you own VRDs, McIntosh, Juicy Music, Paladiums, Jubes, Klipschorns, Belles, Clear Audio TT, Vue stylus, etc., and can't throw $20 to make Paul's Widow smile in her final years while she still can, if you have been a member here for years and post at least weekly and can't throw 20 bucks towards some flowers for Paul's widow, then you make me want to puke :emotion-41: 

Search your heart, if you enjoy this place and use it regularly, think of it as dues!!

I am going to contact Christy and see if she will post an address and means to send the money.

THIS NEEDS TAKEN CARE OF!!!!

Roger

Roger

You've always sat on the fence, let us know how you really feel!

1st I heard of it

Mark

• Like 2

• Moderators

UPDATE: Spoke to my friend that is one of Ms. Valerie's caregivers. Ms. Valerie has been released from rehab and is doing better physically. Ms Valerie is still exhibiting signs of depression. She has expressed an interest "in no longer living" and states she is "tired", although her demeanor this afternoon was improving. She has improved physically and is able to "get around" a lot better.

With that being said, we have collected almost $200. I am forwarding $150 of those funds to the caregiver on Monday. She will purchase an awesome flower arrangement to be delivered to Ms. Valerie's home, two gift certificates with the hair salon Ms. Valerie frequents once a week in Texarkana and take Ms Valerie to lunch at Amigo Juan's in Hope, AR, her favorite restaurant. I told the caregiver to make sure that Ms. Valerie is "wowed"!

I think I should make it clear that Ms. Valerie has the financial means to purchase anything she could want. However, the caregiver agrees that there are certain things Ms. Valerie likes and us paying for those will go a long way to improving her mental state.

After speaking with the caregiver, I would like to continue the donation "drive" in an effort to surprise Ms. Valerie regularly with gifts from all of us, for at least a few weeks if you all are agreeable.

As I stated before, Ms. Valerie's general health remains stable, but her emotional well being has suffered a tremendous setback. Those of you that have had the privilege of meeting Ms. Valerie can attest to her feisty, independent spirit. She has experienced a setback in her independence and is slowly coming to terms with it. I, as well as her caregiver believe our efforts will be instrumental to Ms. Valerie's recovery in that aspect.

I'm not going to make any promises, but the caregiver and I are hopeful we can arrange a meeting with Ms. Valerie during the May Pilgrimage to Hope, AR. Possibly we could get Ms. Valerie to have lunch at Rodney's with us on Saturday, health permitting.

I can not possibly thank you all for your continued support. Ms. Valerie stole a piece of my heart the first time I met her, and I'm sure each of you will feel the same way.

Christy

• Like 4

• Moderators

chirsty , your doing a great thing. some times people just need to know they are loved to get them out of a funk . ms Valerie will be fine she just needs to feel loved and needed .

No thanks necessary. I love this forum, the company that sponsors it and every single person that contributes here. It's truly an honor to be a part of the family we have built here.

I'm glad that we can pull together to make someone else's day a little better.

I couldn't do it without all of you standing with me!!!

• Like 3