La Scala rehab, part 2

Matthews

Is that cherry stain, and where did you end up getting the cane grill cloth from?

"Dude", it is Cherry stain, by Minwax.  Got the cloth from MojoTone.

Matt - just checked out your post. I really don't think you will like the finished product. I'll take em off your hands... Great job they look awesome!

Thanks "ryan" :)  - this pair is coming home with me on Monday after a full day of dry time. I do have another pair that will be coming up for sale very shortly.  You are welcome to those, for a small fee :D

They have some red mahogany that looks good too. My nephew built some oak cabinets with this stain and they looked very nice.

• Like 1

Those are looking really nice! I'm trying (really I am...) to get a pair rehabilitated. One is a clone and one is original. I saw them sitting on a front porch and went back the next day to see if I could get them. None of the gits were Klipsch, and one cab a clone. However, for $100 I was okay with that. I have a new pair of K-33 and Eminence APT50 drivers on separate baffles for the tweeters, with a pair of EV 1828 mids. No horns yet, but I'm working on that. I have the doghouses opened for porting...

So, with the cabs in the shape they are in and all I am doing, they will either stay the way they are ( a little beat up), get painted black or other color Duratex, or veneered. Maybe leave them raw for a while to see if I like the new setup, then tackle the aesthetics.

Bruce

• Like 2

I saw them sitting on a front porch and went back the next day to see if I could get them
None of the gits were Klipsch, and one cab a clone. However, for $100 I was okay with that.

Awesome score, "Marvel" :D  -  restoring is quite the chore, worth every bit of the hassle though. 

• Like 1

Looks great! ...have another pair yet?

Thanks "Grizz" :)  - nothing in the que yet (time to take a break)...

Well, it's been about 10 hours or so, when does your new pair arrive?  :)

These look great! You'll be needing new mid horns, and X-overs soon enough...

Have fun! Tell us how they sound with your new tube goodies. Bet they're sweet as hell. 

Mark

• Like 1

Well, it's been about 10 hours or so, when does your new pair arrive?
   Oh no, don't think I can fit 3 pairs of La Scala in my tiny little house.  Break time for this old man.  Need to sell 1st...
These look great! You'll be needing new mid horns, and X-overs soon enough...
   Thanks Mark :D  -  I already have Crites, motor-run capped crossovers and tweets.  Not really interested in upgrading the mid lens unless I can find a pair of K-401's.
Have fun! Tell us how they sound with your new tube goodies. Bet they're sweet as hell.
   You bet your savings on it!!!  Yes, they sound AMAZING!.  A dreamy combination of Heritage & Tool Shed B)

Matt ♪ ♫ ♪