La Scala rehab, part 2

Matthews

You can't sand down 3 pairs of La Scalas in the past three months and act surprised at the amount of work every time. As for you being old, I am pretty sure I have socks older than you! Now breaks over, I see plenty more to sand! Hang on to that k400 for me.

Ha! Sir Mookie :D  -  feeling it this afternoon, UHG!!!  NO MORE TODAY... 

This pair is going to be amazing!!!   Where can I get cane grill cloth?  These are going to be high gloss, dark Cherry with cane grills.  I have looked at a few places but can't seem to find the right stuff.  Going to strip veneer the front edge of the plywood too. 

The 400 is here, with your name on it :emotion-21:

edit: oh yeah, I also need the material to make new grill frames.  It is kind of like a thick plastic/gasket material. 

Edited by Matthews
  • Like 1

You can't sand down 3 pairs of La Scalas in the past three months and act surprised at the amount of work every time. As for you being old, I am pretty sure I have socks older than you! Now breaks over, I see plenty more to sand! Hang on to that k400 for me.

This pair is going to be amazing!!!   Where can I get cane grill cloth?  These are going to be high gloss, dark Cherry with cane grills.  I have looked at a few places but can't seem to find the right stuff.  Going to strip veneer the front edge of the plywood too. 

edit: oh yeah, I also need the material to make new grill frames.  It is kind of like a thick plastic/gasket material. 

Moray James put a list of "possible" cane cloths to look into in a thread in Technical about "what to do with 79 Heresy's. (sorry don't know how to do the link). Just search "cane" in the Technical forum. Bring the k400 to St Louis and i'll route you a new grill frame out of whatever you want.

• Like 2

I had my neighbor make CW grills with 5 ply BB

Jason will tell you they work great

Mark

• Like 1

I don't know what "BB" is?

La Scala grills are of a thin board like material. Thinking maybe a picture frame shop may be able to help me?

attachicon.gifgrill (Medium).jpg

1/8" hardboard works good. I have seen some 3/4" materal or the 1/8".

Bb is Baltic birch.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I don't know what "BB" is?

La Scala grills are of a thin board like material. Thinking maybe a picture frame shop may be able to help me?

attachicon.gifgrill (Medium).jpg

1/8" hardboard works good. I have seen some 3/4" materal or the 1/8".

Bb is Baltic birch.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Thanks Duder BB is baltic birch

Mark

• Like 1

Just send one frame to me UPS. I have scrap of alucabond, dibond, polycarbonate, luan, 1/8" BB, mdf, you name it. I will route a couple out for you (maybe a spare as well). You can drop off the k400 when you pick up the new grills. I need time to pull the ugly k400 you gave me out of mine to swap anyway.

• Like 1