La Scala rehab, part 2

Matthews

Looks nice....

Went to buy it. $52 to ship one stinkin' yard!!! Geeze?
If you haven't purchased yet, let me look through my bookmarks. I have a site saved that had reasonable priced cane.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Sorry I forgot about you.  I hate to report that the same link I have is from the same link. Yikes 52 to ship, sorry chap.

• Like 2

No, I just figured the $52 would tick you off but not stop you from getting these speakers exactly the way you want them. I have seen how you operate.

found this, I think it will look fantastic with the dark Cherry :cool:

post-36834-0-73780000-1453861993_thumb.j

edit: and found cane grill cloth from "MOJO".  Two flavors of grill, depending on my mood :P

Edited by Matthews

I've been on the search for cane grill cloth as well (first for my H1, then if I'm happy with the results, for the Khorns). I posted last week about my search.

I'm going w/ the new DuraCrest cane cloth that they made for the 'new' Klipsch Heritage speakers (pictures were posted earlier from the CES).

Ralph sent me a free sample (6x6)

• Like 1

How did you sand in the back part of the dog house? I don't think those sanders will fit back there. I had to just get it the best I could on mine.

The grill fabric on the other post is guitar amp fabric you should take a look at it. I forget where its at on the forum but they looked GOOD.

You should veneer the motor board like you did on the Chorus . I did and looks awesome and I used magnets under veneer to hold the trim on.

The trim is made out of Base shoe molding.

Give me a call if you want a pic I have hard time getting pics on the computer. They are on the forum somewhere..lol

CUT THE TOPS OFF!!!! or at least I would :emotion-14: :emotion-14: :emotion-14:

You seem pretty sure about that. B)

I've seen it both ways, but I don't know. What is the thinking?

To put big horns on top.

b090cd5581b09c54e591642f6bd9c9c0.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

If you bulk up the outside walls of the LaScala it will greatly improve both the performance as well as the looks by aligning up the outer edge of the cabinet with the outer edge of the horn. Nice looking combination.

• Like 1

I've been on the search for cane grill cloth as well

Found cane grill cloth from "MOJO" :emotion-21:

How did you sand in the back part of the dog house?

used a small Ryobi detail sander.  Had to cut about 1/8" off each corner edge to get it to fit...

You should veneer the motor board like you did on the Chorus . I did and looks awesome and I used magnets under veneer to hold the trim on.The trim is made out of Base shoe molding.

Grills so no need for veneer on the motorboard.  Base shoe already installed :emotion-21:

Give me a call if you want a pic

PM you later, Rick...