8 Foot Long Subwoofer w/ (4) SI 18" drivers

hobie1dog

8 FT. Long sub w/ (4) SI HT18" drivers
I have to sell my worldly possessions after becoming disabled with a pesky auto-immune disease CIDP, and now selling audio items I said that I would never sell. My build thread with all the pictures is here:
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/155-diy-speakers-subs/1487020-8-foot-long-sub-4-18-obsidian-si-drivers-build.html

Price is $2500.00  includes a Behringer iNuke 6000 amp to drive it.

The sub will naturally not be able to be shipped due to the walnut butcher-block top being 8 ft. long, so prepare to come to NC and pick it up with a suitable vehicle. I am located in Denver, NC but the sub is in Claremont, NC until it is sold.

This sub has amazed everyone who has heard/felt it with very good SQ. I have driven it with 5K watts or so and have never yet gotten the drivers to move more than an inch of travel. The cabinets are tuned to approximately 16hz as I am a former pipe organ builder and 16hz is the magic 32 foot long pipe that shakes the structure. Yes, this is one that you will have to experience, "hearing is believing". This likely has one of the highest WAF's out there, as the walnut top is oil stained and will withstand items being set on top of it. As solid as this is, you will likely not have things moving around on it either. It will likely keep up with any 104db eff. speaker out there as it definitely puts out equivalent bass to my 8 ft. long Ubangi and Shearer amphitheaters bins. Please feel free to call me at 704-516-7493   Marty
IMG_3047_zps2f755c26.jpgIMG_3030_zps619907da.jpgP1040380.jpg
Edited by hobie1dog
  • Like 1

That's interesting, do they huff or anything? I built virtually the exact same thing with four UltiMax's and was lucky to get 4 cubic feet sealed after displacement. Wanted to go ported but didn't have the room. What did the internal volume end up being?

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

91A1635B-6B08-4597-8FAA-DCD398EDBD7D-614That's interesting, do they huff or anything? I built virtually the exact same thing with four UltiMax's and was lucky to get 4 cubic feet sealed after displacement. Wanted to go ported but didn't have the room. What did the internal volume end up being?

No huffing at all.  I think it was 10.32 per cabinet (22" high x 44" wide x 22" deep internally)  The two cabinets are bolted together.

Edited by hobie1dog

Marty, does the amp come with it?

I have lately been running an iNuke 6000 with it, and unfortunately I will include it just to sell it.  Wiped out all the savings this month and next month will be a negative balance of $600.00 :(

Guys/gals, take note of this.  I did 30 years of multi-craft facilities mechanics, then 2 years ago went to work assembling SPL woofers for a friends company.  Next thing I know I'm unable to pick up the 75lb magnets to get them on the build table, within a year I lost about 70% of my muscles in my arms and legs due to my body attacking my nerves and destroying 95% of my nerves in those areas. Now I'm using a walker to get around and cannot open a zip-lock bag without pliers on one side and my teeth on the other.  So don't live your life maxed out with no savings.  And don't count on a private disability policy as they will do everything they can to dismiss your claim to ensure their corporate profits.  And you will be amazed at how fast your medical bills can add up ( mine are at 15K within the last 18 months )...and all this happens "when you least expect it" :o

Edited by hobie1dog