La Scala Industrial Fiberglass Splits

bhames

I have a pair of La Scala Industrial Fiberglass Splits that I am contemplating putting on the chopping block.  I picked them up last Spring and put in new Crites crossovers and tweeters.  Fiberglass is in really good shape.  Some minor peeling of the plywood veneer inside the doghouse of one of the speakers.  Aluminum pieces are in tact but worn with years of service.  They clean up fairly well with elbow grease.

Looking for what these are 'worth' and if anyone would be interested in buying.  I am in Minneapolis, MN.

If there is interest, I will post photos.

Thanks,

-brent

Edited by bhames
  • Like 1

Condition and location are key.  We can't give you a "price by location" but if you are in an area where Klipsch are readily available then relatively they are unlikely to get top dollar.

Everybody on this Klipsch site knows the sound value Crites crossover parts add, but the rule of thumb is they don't add a dollar for dollar value to your speakers.

There are always exceptions but I would not expect the industrial versions to be worth what the home versions are worth.

For speakers they way you describe them I would put them in a range from $400-900.  If you want a little more money then reinstall the stock XO's and sell the Crites XO's separately.  The Crites have some value on their own.

There are always exceptions but I would not expect the industrial versions to be worth what the home versions are worth.

Dave, I don't think your "expectation" here is correct, at least in my opinion....LSI splits are serious, hard hitting speakers that, properly placed and set up, will kick the crap out of a normal stock pair of "home version" La Scalas.  Heavier cabinetry, larger woofer, ability to adjust the height and angle of the top hat.  I have a pair of splits, a pair of non-split industrial, and a pair of normal home versions.  More than likely will be letting the home versions go pretty soon.

Now, the WAF and home decor factor is another thing altogether, obviously, and I'm not arguing that at all......but for the basement "man cave" listening room thing...LSI splits are pretty badass.....

• Like 2

Opus, could you put a monetary value on the difference between a split vs non-split?

When you factor in the back surgery for moving the one piece La Scala industrials.  :P

If you was moving them around they are awesome, if you are going to set them up and leave them, there isn't a lot of difference.

The splits give you the easy option of adding additional bass bins in the setup.

• Like 2

Yep, and I've got a pair from Michael.....I've had folks over to my house who've heard the the LSI's, the Belle's, the Cornwalls, the "home version" La Scala's, and they've all agreed....the LSI's are top of the list.

I like the Splits.

If I had a pair, I would veneer them :)

What I do not like is the K-43.

The K-43 has less Bass at lower listening levels unless you are using multiple amps to provide more power to the Bass Bin.

Oh, they will pump out bass if you put power to them, but I like to play my speakers flat at listening levels :)

The K-33 has less distortion as well  :)

Roger

Edited by twistedcrankcammer
  • Like 1

Dave, I don't think your "expectation" here is correct, at least in my opinion....LSI splits are serious, hard hitting speakers that, properly placed and set up, will kick the crap out of a normal stock pair of "home version" La Scalas.  Heavier cabinetry, larger woofer, ability to adjust the height and angle of the top hat.  I have a pair of splits, a pair of non-split industrial, and a pair of normal home versions.  More than likely will be letting the home versions go pretty soon.

Now, the WAF and home decor factor is another thing altogether, obviously, and I'm not arguing that at all......but for the basement "man cave" listening room thing...LSI splits are pretty badass.....

Your points are all well taken, Jim.  And I have some impressions of what things buy/sell for just because of seeing those transactions on this Forum, but there still a lot of you who can break down even further than me what things are worth, and why.

JL Sargent a little further upstream expressed what I was thinking.  It's not that the industrial LS's aren't better then the home models, it's just that they have a smaller group of ptential buyers because of the aesthetics.  There is a larger group in the home category that would find the veneered and nicer finished LS's more desirable and therefore would command a higher selling price.

• Like 1