Which speakers to keep?

omar4

I currently use Cornwall II's for home theater and 2channel in the living room. KG 5.5's in the bedroom for strictly 2channel. Heresy's that sit unused. All my rooms are really small, and the speakers all sound great. Which would you keep?? Trying to decide which of the herd to thin out.

Thanks

I currently use Cornwall II's for home theater and 2channel in the living room. KG 5.5's in the bedroom for strictly 2channel. Heresy's that sit unused. All my rooms are really small, and the speakers all sound great. Which would you keep?? Trying to decide which of the herd to thin out.

Thanks

are you open to and able to do any cabinet modifications? If so you might consider some DIY projects such as turning your Cornwall three ways  into super two ways (ala Crites Cornscala Type D) and or upgrading the horns and compression drivers in your KG5.5. Something to consider.

Edited by moray james

I have KM6's which is the military version of the KG 5.5.  I can't imagine saying I'd keep those over some Heresy in terms of sound.  Heresy in a bedroom might be a little awkward though, like if you set them on the floor then listen to them in bed.  You'll just be firing in to the mattress if the layout is anything like my bedroom.  

Ok, I am going to sell the KG5.5 to a friend this weekend. Not sure what to charge though, I got the deal of a lifetime on them and they are in great shape. I'll probably just let her use them and see if she likes them, I already sold her my RB51 last year and those are fine for her, I'm slowly trying to get her up to 5.1. I also have a RC52 sitting in the basement, so all she would need is a sub. Of course this would not be optimal, but it would work. Thanks for the advise. The heresy's will be in the spare room with a kenwood ka7100 and pioneer cd player.