National Bourbon Day

Ceptorman

After being on the road a long time for a delivery last night I grabbed some Evan Williams and climbed to the top of our two story treehouse and watched the stars for a couple hours as it was a super clear night.  It was quite lovely.  Would have been better if everybody stopped being afraid of the dark and turned off their security lights.  All kinds of light pollution from 15 miles away is very visible, it aggravates the snot out of me.  

• Like 1

last night I grabbed some Evan Williams and climbed to the top of our two story treehouse

the adventures of a young man  :blink:

I refuse to grow up.  It's actually quite nice up there though.  

12916300_10153698335329401_2692526392037

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters
  • Like 1

last night I grabbed some Evan Williams and climbed to the top of our two story treehouse

the adventures of a young man  :blink:

I refuse to grow up.  It's actually quite nice up there though.  

12916300_10153698335329401_2692526392037

Nice setup! Something about this just says, "When the zombies come, me and my .30-06 are going to have us a time..."

• Like 1

After being on the road a long time for a delivery last night I grabbed some Evan Williams and climbed to the top of our two story treehouse and watched the stars for a couple hours as it was a super clear night.  It was quite lovely.  Would have been better if everybody stopped being afraid of the dark and turned off their security lights.  All kinds of light pollution from 15 miles away is very visible, it aggravates the snot out of me.  

I'm with you big time on the what's up with people and their lights. Around me some people keep lights on in their barns all night as if their horses are afraid of the dark. I say if you like lights so much move back to the city.   I'm sorry make mine a double.....

• Like 3

I sit down and they bring me my bottle, I notice it is dwindling.

The hunt will begin anew for another one, but in the meantime there is only one thing to do, drink double double.

WOW!

I've never seen Pappy in the wild, no less tried it.

• Like 1

Nice setup! Something about this just says, "When the zombies come, me and my .30-06 are going to have us a time..."

Indeed.  

13124948_10153759378479401_5021560617105

Is this the other side of the darling that helps you build your subs? Guess you won't have to protect her from boys, she's got her own "stick" :)

• Like 1

Guess you won't have to protect her from boys, she's got her own "stick" :)

Believe it or not, that's a 64 year old Remington .22 made in 1952. It was my grandfather's and I had it restored when he passed and I inherited it. She shoots the snot out of it. She's not a big fan of paper but she shoots my steel targets in a "steel challenge" type of way and can't reload it fast enough, she just loves doing that. Anyway, I think there were too many in circulation for it to be considered a collectors item so I just let her use it. It is heavier than new ones.

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters
  • Like 1

Husk in Charleston usually has Pappy available...if you can find a seat at the bar.

I've always wanted to go there and heard great things about it - does Husk live up to the hype?

The food is very high-quality and they use fresh local ingredients, but the preparations are often very simple. For my money, I think there are better options in Charleston.