Warning to all Bullboard Members

Bernard

Some of you may remember myram selling an academy earlier this year which I bought and he sent it to me in Australia. It was damaged in shipment which IMO was because of the poor packaging that myram did which was not suitable for international shipment (not double boxed, wrapped in a little bubble wrap). He said no problem I'll file for insurance and everything will be ok.

So four months went by and still no insurance and myram was not returning my emails. I found out his phone number and asked him what was happening, what is going on and he says he doesn't know, he hasn't heard anything. This went on for another two months and still no word about the insurance. Then myram put in some call intercepter thing on his phone line and I

have not been able to talk to him on the phone either.

I called USPS to see if there was an insurance claim pending on the package. I was told there was not. I then asked if insurance had been purchased for the package. Again the answer was no. So Steve didn't even get insurance for this internationally shipped package even though I specifically asked him to. Steve has been lying to me all along about the

insurance and thats when I realised the kind of person Steve Howard (myram) really is. A lying, deceptive, pathetic weasel. He took advantage of me being in another country thinking that he could just ignore me.

I will be breaking up the academy and selling the parts on ebay as I do not want to repair it.

The purpose of me writing this is to encourage you NOT to do business of anykind with Steve Howard from Biddeford, Maine.

Thank you

Ivan

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is exactly why Klipsch doesn't want to add a buy/sell specific forum. Can you imagine the bruhaha that could arise with dissatified parties?

No matter what disclaimers they put on a forum there would be problems and angry buyer/sellers and negative backlash directed toward the BB.

JMHO

I had a situation where my money was taken, but received no goods. It took over 4 months to get my cash back, so I feel for you. If you don't get any satisfaction, contact the Maine Attorney General as well as his local police dept. and submit a formal complaint. Some of the board locals, you know who you are, could also try to reach him on your behalf. When I had my problem on another board, the members were very supportive and wanted to help. Good luck in the hunt for your cash.

I have always been a little shady of myram. I remember him selling his friend's Academy and I think they wanted something like $600 for it. I can see doing this on eBay but on the Klipsch Forum amongst your supposed friends? Christ, I just sold a pair of mint Chorus II's for around that price to a board member. Could I have gotten more for them?... you bet I could! But this place means a lot more to me than money.

It seems the only time myram posts any longer is to buy and sell speakers. And then to top it off, it's always to trade up his gear. What, he can't sell his Quartets on eBay and then purchase his speakers separately?

BTW, I'm real sorry to hear this. That is why it would be difficult to buy this stuff off eBay and not be able to pick it up locally...

Mike

As an Academy owner and a person who has bought a dozen or so Klipsch speakers from the Forum, Ivan, I feel your pain.

That "MyRam" would treat others as "HisEwe" is conduct way below the tolerance of nearly every Forum member. If I had a surplus Academy, I would see your anguish mollified at a bargain price appropriate for deals between Forum members. Perhaps if you can post what kind of Academy you were looking for, some appropriate Academy will surface. Stranger things have happened. cwm34.gif

May the sun shine down under upon your Klipsch upgrade path. -HornED

PS: Insurance issues aside, should not the carrier have some obligation to provide a reasonable standard of care in getting a package to its destination? Perhaps the carrier would be willing to offset some of your loss out of good will at the very least. -H.E.

This message has been edited by HornEd on 09-05-2002 at 02:45 PM

Hey, anyone here live in Maine? You could go to his place and kick his a$$ for Bernard.

All I have to say, is doing business in different countires is a little risky, you are stuck. I'm sorry, some people are $hit.

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

For JBL related subjects and more fun, click: http://www.audioheritage.org

Assuming Bernard's claims are true, this is very disappointing. I seem to recall that Myram benefited greatly from his participation in this forum, especially as he upgraded his system. I've conducted transactions with several members on this board over the years, and have had nothing but overwhelming positive experiences. I'm sorry to hear that your experience was otherwise. Great suggestion by HornEd -we'll keep our eyes peeled for another Academy for you.

Myram has recently resurfaced, as witnessed by his posting on 9/3:

http://216.37.9.58/ubb/Forum9/HTML/002444.html

I do hope the situation between you and Myram is ultimately resolved to your mutual satisfaction. Otherwise, the Klispch faithful here in the Northeast may be forced to organize a posse ala Kenratboy's suggestion.

C

------------------

My System

Erdric,

I have no doubt about Bernard's sincerity - my apologies, I didn't mean to imply otherwise. I was trying to be diplomatic (perhaps overly so) and give Myram the benefit of presenting his side of the case, in the spirit of our judicial system. Lack of a response by the defense, however, starts to sound an awful lot like a guilty plea. To your point, it will be interesting to see if Myram posts back here in a timely fashion. We know he still cruises these boards.

The great thing about our little tight knit Klipsch community is that bad behavior is simply not tolerated by the overwhelming majority of the members. As such, this virtual community becomes self-policing and ultimately stronger. That's what keeps me coming back.

C

------------------

My System

This message has been edited by chickey on 09-05-2002 at 04:24 PM

No, no, no Chickey...you misunderstood my intent. No need to apologize. I wasn't offended by your comment at all.

I was trying to say, or imply, that this is not the first I've heard of this situation.

I would LOVE to hear from Steve on this. Let's just say I've tried in the past to get his side of the Academy story but he didn't return my emails either.

Thanks for all your comments and yes it is true.

When I made the decision to buy this I too thought that this was a very good forum with honest members but I guess there is a bad apple in every forum or something like that.

Yes Mike Lindsey, that was me. I have made other transations from America through ebay and USPS and they have turned out much better.

Thanks again for your support.

Ivan

BUSTED!!!!!!c>

Will be curious if our friend myram does now respond after seeing that post in that other thread by convict. Maybe not to late for our friend Bernard. Maybe he'll try to make good on this to at least avoid getting anymore "bad press" on here.

As to people that do stick together even if problems arise, witness the transaction between Orange Peel and Wes. OP bought a pair of RF-3s and an RC-3 from Wes, but unfortunatly, one of the RF-3s got a pretty nasty chunk took out of the corner. Wes was on it like white on rice to get it resolved. Which reminds me, did you guys managed to get that resolved?

------------------

Steven Konopa

Fredericksburg, VA

Denon AVR3802 (Receiver)

RF-7 (Fronts)

RC-7 (Center)

RC-7 (Rear)

RS-7 (A Surrounds)

Infinity RS2000.5 (B Surrounds - recycled)

REL Storm III (Subwoofer 1)

Yamaha YST-SW40 (Subwoofer 2 - Recycled)

JVC XV-S65GD (DVD)

Sharp DX-200 (CD - ancient)

RCA DWD490RE (DirecTV/Ultimate TV receiver)

Sharp 32 inch (TV)