Texas Schools & Vodka

USNRET

In my quest to find the perfect vodka (cheap and good) I'm currently auditioning an Australian grape vodka.  For the price, it's exceptional.  Price being a non consideration, it's still not too bad.  I believe it's called Bombora or something like that.

The secret is kangaroo piss.

Is it possible to design a machine that will shake a cocktail shaker that will produce a vodka martini (a VARIATION of the Martini) that results in one exactly like one hand produced by Carl?

But Carl has sooooo much experience shaking his hand up and down..... 

It's all in the wrist.

Wait, so those are actually your Walnut Heresy's in the Alerts? :huh:

Edited by twk123

• Moderators

In my quest to find the perfect vodka (cheap and good) I'm currently auditioning an Australian grape vodka. For the price, it's exceptional. Price being a non consideration, it's still not too bad. I believe it's called Bombora or something like that.

The secret is kangaroo piss.

Dang, that stuff's expensive.

• Like 1

Monopolowa for one, Alverion is another.  I have no idea if I spelled them correctly.

You did well....you must have attended one of the better Texas schools.....

You should know me well enough to know that there was no higher education in MY past. High school was in upstate New York.

Is it possible to design a machine that will shake a cocktail shaker that will produce a vodka martini (a VARIATION of the Martini) that results in one exactly like one hand produced by Carl?

But Carl has sooooo much experience shaking his hand up and down.....

It's all in the wrist.

Wait, so those are actually your Walnut Heresy's in the Alerts? :huh:

How do you think I knew what was on them?

• Like 1

• Moderators

I hope the ice machine is fixed next year.

Finally, someone talking about something that really matters.
True that....
I think everyone needs to bring a bag of ice as a back up.
And a bottle of Chopin B)
Oh boy, now you are gonna start a fight on here.

Tito is a client of mine, a good long standing client. I can bring a case of Tito's. The price is right.

There in one, and only one vodka.

At least we settled the fact that a Martini is made with gin.

I have a hard time making Titos taste good and I've tried a bunch. No offense.

Yes, I'm a vodka snob.

All kidding aside, every time I go to Sherwin Williams for some paint, I think about what I could do with one of their old paint shakers.

None taken.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/meghancasserly/2013/06/26/haunted-spirits-the-troubling-success-of-titos-handmade-vodka/#7156356167d3

He's well over a 100 million a year, and the profit margin is quite good in spirits. Made in the USA in Texas, in Austin.

I don't drink it, Bourbon and Gin for me, I prefer complexity.

I use it to clean my American made records to play on my American made speakers on my American made turntable. It works great cut with deionized water, some surfectant and a couple of other secret ingredients.

Once I get it perfected I am going to try and get him to make Tito's Record Cleaner.

With no horse in the rating of TX university's I suppose its good to see that Baylor has been left out of the conversation. With good reason I'm guessing? Going only on news media reporting would any of you send a child there? Male or female?

• Moderators

Monopolowa for one, Alverion is another. I have no idea if I spelled them correctly.

You did well....you must have attended one of the better Texas schools.....

You should know me well enough to know that there was no higher education in MY past. High school was in upstate New York.
Which is the equivalent of the typical college in Texas. They have to dumb things down a bit here.

Not really.

But the high schools here are below average.

Edited by dwilawyer

• Moderators

I'm very familiar with the brand. It's won many awards but tastes medicinal to me similar to many other grain vodkas.

Maybe you got the record cleaner by mistake?

The only reason I drink is for medicinal purposes. It sounds perfect.

Edited by dwilawyer