WTB K-55M

mustang guy

5 hours ago, ZEUS121996 said:

MG

If you had a pair of Vs, I would trade you a pair of Ms.

Let me know

Mark

I'll trade ya.....3 AFU's, or whatever....for 2 good ones.....

Sorry.....thread crap over....You guys are on it.....:emotion-19:

Never mind, you guys are trading mids, and I'm talking tweets....forgive me, it's been Singapore/Bangkok HOT here in N. Indiana.....

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ZEUS121996 said:

MG

If you had a pair of Vs, I would trade you a pair of Ms.

Let me know

Mark

1 hour ago, tromprof said:

I have 2 and am not using them!

PM if interested.

1 hour ago, jimjimbo said:

I'll trade ya.....3 AFU's, or whatever....for 2 good ones.....

Sorry.....thread crap over....You guys are on it.....:emotion-19:

Never mind, you guys are trading mids, and I'm talking tweets....forgive me, it's been Singapore/Bangkok HOT here in N. Indiana.....

50 minutes ago, HiFi Heaven said:

I have a single K-55-M here in Minneapolis, just removed from '88 LaScala.

Make me an offer I can't refuse!

Thanks everyone. 

I am going to swap Mark (Zeus) out.  The K55'M's are selling on Ebay for about $80 plus shipping if anybody wants to turn them into $$$'s.   :). 

On 8/10/2016 at 6:49 PM, UH1dg337 said:

Have you considered the new A-55G  from Bob C.? There was a thread about it called "Driver X"  about a month ago but it has since disappeared.

My recollection is that Bob C tested this driver, but that someone else developed it. Warren? DeanG would know for sure.

16 minutes ago, mungkiman said:

My recollection is that Bob C tested this driver, but that someone else developed it. Warren? DeanG would know for sure.

Perhaps an admin can go in and delete the posts that were causing problems and unhide the thread. Any administrators up for that? :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mungkiman said:

I believe this driver was developed by John Allen of High Performance Stereo

I got the K55-M's and I am glad, at least in my center front speaker, that I made the swap. I never realized the K55-V was the reason for the timbre mismatch between the left and right with K55-M's. I always thought it was something being done in the preamp. Now when I do the level calibration, the center sounds the same as the left and right. 

For those of you who have matching front LCR be sure that your drivers match! Lesson learned!

Thank you Mark. Sorry that FedEx is taking an extra day getting yours to you. In this case the USPS wins over FedEx. That isn't usually the case...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mustang guy said:

I got the K55-M's and I am glad, at least in my center front speaker, that I made the swap. I never realized the K55-V was the reason for the timbre mismatch between the left and right with K55-M's. I always thought it was something being done in the preamp. Now when I do the level calibration, the center sounds the same as the left and right. 

For those of you who have matching front LCR be sure that your drivers match! Lesson learned!

Thank you Mark. Sorry that FedEx is taking an extra day getting yours to you. In this case the USPS wins over FedEx. That isn't usually the case...

I'm glad it worked out for you, hopefully I get the same results. I guess matching the drivers isn't so crazy after all Doc? LOL

Mark