Belle Triplets for 70th Cornwall pair (trade)

USNRET

Most, if not all, have seen the pics of my three Belles in Santos Rosewood with Volti mid-horn / BMS, Beyma tweeters and Dean's crossovers. I am looking to negotiate a deal to trade these 3 for a pair of the upcoming 70th anniversary Cornwalls. My last offering of these was at a price of $6000.00 which I know is up there but so be it and then there was my F-UP. Someone, somewhere, might want three very nice Belles and be able to obtain the Corns at a price that would make it doable for them.

There was a small, nay, not insignificant incident which damaged the side of one of the top hats (candelabra / ladder slip while painting which I will never forgive myself but have no-one else to blame). I am impatiently awaiting the email from my phone to the PC to show the damage. I have not tried to recover from that with stain or whatever.

I have custom cut 3/8" bronze glass tops for them. The grills were recovered in black cloth from Dean with the Volti top cloth. The woofers are stock. They were originally mid '80's walnut before forum member Cake did the re-veneer.

I am in deep south Texas (78418) but willing to drive / deliver / pickup the Corns (registered to me as the owner) as far as Hope, AR (12 hours +/-) to consummate the deal.

Don't know where the pics are, not transferred yet and I will update when they do or get more; in the meantime here is a generic look of them.

Willing to listen to reasonable PM offers but the offer must include the Cornwalls.

MB-Finished (5).JPG 1899695_936112763067699_1510662255393873

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Weber said:

I would have to keep them to see how they would all sound together. 

Good luck with your trade

Thank you but having gone from seven Belles down to three (and using two) I find age and foreseeable further loss of room sizing in my future. The past KHorns, Belles, LaScalas, Cornwalls, Chorus IIs, Forte IIs, Quartets and Heresy IIs have run the course.

Unless you're moving into a smaller place, don't do this - you'll hate yourself. They lost the mold to the K-600, so the Cornwall now uses the K-53, which is the horn they used in the late model Heresy II - it's basically a Heresy with more bass. 

• Like 1