20 years with Khorns, just bought a pair of Heresy 1s, they're awesome

jwgorman

The "yes" sub vs. "no" sub is an argument  I've had for my rig many times. Like Jimbo I was an anti sub guy allowing the system to provide the bottom end within its own capabilities. That goes for the two pairs of LS and Belles I've owned where there is more than enough bass for me and depending on the choice of amps can be more tha enough. And of course that bass is bass at its best; tight, cohesive, punchy.  However I do own a fine sub by the English firm Epos, 10 inch, sealed and made for music not for movie sound effects and uncontrolled boom. After acquiring my stand mount RB75's as an afterthought I brought in the Epos for a little extra on the bottom and the results are nothing short of stunning. The 75/sub combo plays with the big boys in a most satisfying way. Are the my KHorns, no. But it is a tremendous sounding combo that I bet will easily I go toe to toe with Hereseys. 

So I think with the right sub applied properly it an be very useful and add something to the mix. So in light of tomorrow's Election Day I will play just that - yep subs suck but yep they sure sound good. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, richieb said:

After acquiring my stand mount RB75's as an afterthought I brought in the Epos for a little extra on the bottom and the results are nothing short of stunning. The 75/sub combo plays with the big boys in a most satisfying way.

I am in total agreement here.  When I added my RSW-10d to my RB-75's, it was like I moved my RF-63's into my living room.  Smooth with detail, punchy, and big sounding.  About as seamless of a setup I could have ever imagined.

Bill

I am in total agreement here.  When I added my RSW-10d to my RB-75's, it was like I moved my RF-63's into my living room.  Smooth with detail, punchy, and big sounding.  About as seamless of a setup I could have ever imagined.

Bill

Possibly the best sounding system I've had.....was my RB-75's with a Klipsch LF-10 sub. Perfect bedroom system.... spinning vinyl.....it was damn sweet sounding.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

21 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

2-channel snob, hunh?  EVERY setup could use a sub, really Dave?  For critical listening?  I think as has been probably said a million times, it seems very dependent on the music choice, amps, speakers, source, room config, etc, etc, etc. IMHO, in many instances, a sub can blur and muddy what is intended to be a clear, tight bass line, actually hurting the critical listening experience. But then, that's just me.  And I like to talk in circles....

Too funny. Every time I listen to them I smile.  Must be the best book shelf speaker ever made.

tc

I love my Marantz too, almost as much as, well, all the other stuff....not even to 9oclock on the dial, and it's amazing. Cleaned and polished inside and out, everything else stock and sounds stunning.  The separate tone controls, filters, etc, etc, are interesting to say the least.   Lucky to have it.

marantz_1250_console_stereo_amplifier.jpg