Looks like great deal in st louis

timdog5000

2 hours ago, jjptkd said:

You should jump on that Timdog, I've seen the surround speakers alone sell for his asking price.

I texted him as soon as I seen it to at least try to get first in line, I have alerts set for St. Louis craigslist for Klipsch speakers I have no idea why I did not get it three days ago it when it was posted.  I would've gotten them for just resale although opus did tell me  how much he loved his. Klf 30

19 hours ago, Matthews said:

Have been wanting to do a pair of 30's just as the Custom Chorus for a while now...

Yea I want a pair of 30's.... I have never heard a pair... 

For the last year I've been kinda building my HT system and want to use a KLF system. I scored a KLF-C7 awhile back and figured I would build my system around that. 

14 minutes ago, opusk2k9 said:

I have been in the selling mode, but at that price, you ALWAYS buy...

With out question!!

MKP :-)

• Like 2

I have had the 30's and compared them side by side with the Chorus II's. My impressions were that they were very close but the Chorus would play noticeably louder, kind of the difference between the forte and Chorus. Now that extra bit of loudness probably wouldn't matter to the majority of people as they still get plenty loud.

I would also like to point out that at the time I had them I  was in the habit of having parties with people over and really cranking the tunes for extended periods and well, I blew up the 30's pretty bad one evening. One woofer was stuck fully extended outward, another actually had splits in the cone that went all the way through, a mid diaphragm was blown along with a tweeter. I had done this same type of listening several times prior and after with the Chorus II's and never had a problem.