The Klipsch Audio Community
Sign in to follow this  
Srinath

Artificial sweeteners

16 hours ago, wvu80 said:

I do use Stevia.  I like it when I fix deviled eggs, I like my eggs sweet instead of mustard tart.

I've gone back to natural sugar though.  A four pound bag costs two bucks.  It's 4 or 5 dollars for a few grams of Stevia.  They taste about the same to me.

I just use regular sugar.  I consume about three teaspoons a day, one in each cup of coffee and one in a cup of cocoa that we make.  That is it.  We also keep 7 up in the house in case we have an upset stomach.  We drink a few a month between the two of us.  The Fructose is horrible for you and needs to be consumed in small amounts or with a lot of fiber. 

We cook everything so no added sugars from sources that we do not know about. Prepared food and treats taste way too sweet to us.

I used to drink a lot of diet Coke and Pepsi.  Got terrible headaches. 

8 minutes ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

I used to drink a lot of diet Coke and Pepsi.  Got terrible headaches. 

-how about Mountain Dew  ,  truck drivers drink it to stay awake -

• Sad 1

Ahh, Mountain Dew, the nectar of the gods.  Google 'Mountain Dew Mouth'  Sign me up!!

"In dentistry, we have actually coined the name “Mountain Dew Mouth” to describe patients who have completely destroyed their teeth by bathing them in the Dew. The combined acid and sugar bomb literally eats away at teeth. Many times, composite fillings, root canals, and crowns can't save the teeth."

Pin on Natural Remedies

The Truth You Should Know About Mountain Dew Mouth

That photo looks like Crystal Meth maybe, not Mt Dew LOL. Of course if you "bath" your teeth in anything like soft drinks it can't be a good idea.

Mountain Dew soda, a product of the Pepsi Company, has been deemed the culprit in creating a high incidence of severe tooth decay in children from extremely poor regions, such as Appalachia, where there is often little resources or opportunity for routine dental care.

On 1/30/2021 at 10:38 AM, tigerwoodKhorns said:

We cook everything so no added sugars from sources that we do not know about. Prepared food and treats taste way too sweet to us.

Even when we cook... I typically cut the sugar in recipes in half...

I make apple pie NSA [No Sugar Added]

• Like 2