Blue collar speakers

mr clean

I think  alot of the Klipschs fan base is older people that could not afford Klipsch speakers when they were younger. Some aren't  I know but I for one always wanted a pair. Some may be tired of heaing me wine but I can't take the full attack of Kllipsch highs! Im sure you also know I've toned them down abit using the tissue over the tweeter. I put this in a post but want Klipsch to see this. With the older guys working in factories time  has taken a toll on our ears and rooms are not perfect either. Why can't we get speakers from the factory with L pads added to tone the super highs down abit for some of the 60s and 70s generation vrs having to get mods done to calm them down abit? Have it adjustable so younger folks can run them full tilt and us that need a fuzz less can crank them down little and still enjoy the Klipsch sound.Others need to tell me if I'm out of line or if they agree. I see lots of mods to tame them so that is a clue! Am I nut or is this a reasonable question?

5 minutes ago, USNRET said:

My initial impression as well Mark but later right or wrong I was trying to give the benefit...

I read the other post and still think it is trolling. Willing to give the benefit of doubt. Need more data. Thought he said he was in the Cincinnati area. If that's the case he's welcome to come hear my La Scalas.

The all inclusiveness of the first post just isn't close to correct.

Mark

• Like 1

• Moderators

I think     it also depends on the model speaker and room, plus equipment it's paired with, some combinations can be bright even with my old abused ears.

^^^^^key words

Speakers are ran through the anechoic chamber, the tone's and sweeps are ran through them and computers on that outside wall records what the speakers are doing..... "What it looked like anyway"  I guess they try to get an accurate reproduction as possible ?                         Don't know how much is changed in the voicing of the speaker ? 

Now when it comes to all the different rooms, and ears anything goes. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cincymat said:

Sorry, I would delete all the threads. This reads like trolling IMHO. 

Mark

Maybe you don't agree but its not trolling. I have a pair of rp280f speakers. I see on the net that other sometimes find them to bright also. I know nothing is perfect but I liked the older speakers that had l pads for adjustment. I love my speakers as I put on the thread but they would give me headaches after a bit. I just put tissue over the tweeters and it sounds great. I know you see people doing mods and why is that usually. Because they are too bright and give them fatigue after awhile. Yow are fooling yourself if you find I'm the only one that feels this way. People spend tons of money trying to tame the highs and I feel this would be a big plus. This is a forum isn't it?  With l pads you could run them wfo wide open if your ears are young with little abuse or toned down afuzz that still love the sound just needing alittle less on the high end. These speakers have been around for a long time and some fans are older. The blue colar part came from me working in a factory for thirty plus years around lots of noise. And for those telling me to get a different brand I say no no no and you can't make me:P! This is just my opinion so you can agree or not. Thats how a forum works but if I was the only one that felt this way Crites mods and others would not exist.