Blue collar speakers

mr clean

Replace the penny junk resistors with Mills non-inductive resistors.

Any epoxy coated oval capacitors should be replaced as well.

I've been doing this for people since 2004 -- it works.

Or.....Mr. Clean puts tissues over his horns. Moray James jams ping pong balls in his. This place cracks me up. [emoji14]

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jason str said:

When i buy something new and don't like it for some reason or another it gets returned. Next time listen to it first before shelling out hard earned cash to be sure it fits your taste.

Yeah baby! And remember, no one here made you buy them in the first place. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cincymat said:

Yeah baby! And remember, no one here made you buy them in the first place. 

I guess if I would have set there for two hours at a dealer it may have made a difference. I guess you listened to yours that long? I do like the speakers. Im going to bed. Sweet Dreams all.  

Just now, mr clean said:

I guess if I would have set there for two hours at a dealer it may have made a difference. I guess you listened to yours that long?

As a matter of fact I have always made a point of going back multiple times over a week or more with different CD's to make sure I like the way ANY new system component sounds.  Then I won't buy unless the dealer has at least a 30 day return policy. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, mr clean said:

Maybe you don't agree but its not trolling. I have a pair of rp280f speakers. I see on the net that other sometimes find them to bright also. I know nothing is perfect but I liked the older speakers that had l pads for adjustment. I love my speakers as I put on the thread but they would give me headaches after a bit. I just put tissue over the tweeters and it sounds great. I know you see people doing mods and why is that usually. Because they are too bright and give them fatigue after awhile. Yow are fooling yourself if you find I'm the only one that feels this way. People spend tons of money trying to tame the highs and I feel this would be a big plus. This is a forum isn't it?  With l pads you could run them wfo wide open if your ears are young with little abuse or toned down afuzz that still love the sound just needing alittle less on the high end. These speakers have been around for a long time and some fans are older. The blue colar part came from me working in a factory for thirty plus years around lots of noise. And for those telling me to get a different brand I say no no no and you can't make me:P! This is just my opinion so you can agree or not. Thats how a forum works but if I was the only one that felt this way Crites mods and others would not exist.   

While I don't have your model--I didn't think my speakers were bright enough.

I thought the highs were not there--for my taste---so I did the mods to make my speakers

more lively---my mids and highs are much more in alignment and the speakers sounds

more balanced for me.

+ 1 on the EQ

My listening room is dampened, but the mids are too 'bright' regardless of what amps or preamp that I try. It might be due to the MCM1900 though :D

If this was the first or fifth time that this has been debated, then it's the OP's ears, but it's been brought up before. My money is that it's usually new Klipsch stuff but also the LaScala, Belle and Heresy. In the mids and highs, Klipsch is equal or superior to names like Altec, EV and JBL, but they lack bass

Most of the mistake is using low fi, HT, AVR power sources. Spend some money on the amp and preamp. 

• Like 1

I had my system in a carpeted 15'x24' room, heavy drapes over a large window, normal furnishings. It sounded very good, Imo.  I recently remodeled, now the room is 28'x24' with all wood flooring, and 3 additional windows. All I did was move the system about 6' in one direction to better center the system. It became noticeably brighter with the highs. Last week I added a 12'x10' area rug and a 8'x10' rug and that helped quite a bit. When others offered to help and asked for info or pics of your room, they were trying to help.

• Like 2

I may just try a equalizer like someone spoke about above. I had a jvc reciever as a young teen with a 5 or 7 band eq and loved it but I was 13. I like the idea of not adding more to the chain of equipment than you have to so I don't want to get one and not like it or not use it. Some of you were chuckling about the tp over the tweeter and believe me I think its pretty cornball also but it works. I tried pulling the shrill grill as I call it while I was posting last night off the tweeters and the fatigue started coming on like a herd of buffalo. Its not something I can help. Put it back on and Its a night and day difference. Those thinking I'm not very smart thats ok. I always managed to keep at a above avererge income with a brain somewhere between ernest t bass and albert einstein but a lot closer to ernest t for sure. Back to the issue. Do I want a eq and what kind? Would DBX be a contender?

• Like 2