Anyone ever quit without something to jump to?

Thaddeus Smith

30 minutes ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

Accepted a job offer today and start my new gig on Monday. It was scheduled for 45 minutes at 9:30 and turned into 90 minutes plus lunch. I'll be employee #3 of a small MSP that's been around for the better part of a decade and was (still is) a customer of the colocation/hosting company I left in April. He's looking to grow and I get to be a part of that process. We really clicked and he's basically polar opposites to all of the major gripes which caused me to quit my last job - so I'm really excited.

This was a great experiment, based on some calculated risks and known limitations. We took camping trips, went to the Pilgrimage, did a ton of work to the property, grew our chicken flock, added a goat herd, two turkeys for Christmas and Thanksgiving holidays, a couple of all day road trips, had a ton of concentrated family time. Accrued a little debt, but overall managed to rely on what we had set aside for this break. As far as I can tell it was a huge success and we're rested and recharged for the next phase of our family growth - the girls are starting their home school regiment, i'm heading back to work, we've got a growing farm, so on and so on. All with fresh attitudes and energy.

Today was a good day.

I'm now worried about the goats.

2 minutes ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

managed service provider... it has many layers of application, but fundamentally is outsourced IT support. That can be granular down to workstation and user device support, or higher level system administration, hosting, etc.

blah, blah, blah....he's a hacker, plain and simple....

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

managed service provider... it has many layers of application, but fundamentally is outsourced IT support. That can be granular down to workstation and user device support, or higher level system administration, hosting, etc.

"google translate"=geek

Nice going Michael!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, oldred said:

+1 to that.......a GEEK ....WITH a job........

Well, let's not get carried away. Typically a job means the employer pays the employee not the reverse. We have yet to ascertain that this is the case here.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dtel said:

Congratulations Michael, hope it works out great, well as great as a job can anyway. 

It's Thursday just play like it's a 4 day holiday off from work.

Thanks Elden.. definitely bitter sweet to have this time off coming to an abrupt end - it's been long enough that we've created new schedules and habits - but it's good to be going back. I can say with great confidence that we didn't waste the time, which was certainly a valid concern going into it all. There were days of nothing but sitting on my ***, but overall we all have spent a ton of time outdoors enjoying our property, our animals, and each other. lots of hard work and I certainly acquired lots of new skills and knowledge. and then I think we mixed in plenty of fun events or activities with what funds were available to make it a very memorable time for all of us. Three months later and Adelaide still talks about being in Arkansas for a weekend...