Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

A quick update on the new Cyrus components 

The Cyrus 8XP amp and PSXR arrived on Monday July 31

A day later the Sansui AU717 / TU717 system has been removed and the new setup is now in place 

Also I have sold the backup Sansui AU117 / TU217 to a work colleague 

So far I’m really liking the sound but even better as the system warms up

The La Scala are very revealing and so far it’s a good match on CD and Streaming 

Still need to hook up the Turntable as time allows 

Photos later when I spin a record 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Full Range said:

A quick update on the new Cyrus components 

The Cyrus 8XP amp and PSXR arrived on Monday July 31

A day later the Sansui AU717 / TU717 system has been removed and the new setup is now in place 

Also I have sold the backup Sansui AU117 / TU217 to a work colleague 

So far I’m really liking the sound but even better as the system warms up

The La Scala are very revealing and so far it’s a good match on CD and Streaming 

Still need to hook up the Turntable as time allows 

Photos later when I spin a record 

Some changes with the gear are resonable from time to time, after a while or many years the brain and ears need a new or different listening experience. Otherwise, even if you own the best audio gear in the world, it get´s boring 😂

Have fun and looking forward tp see some pics

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Mentioned the above I´ve done that during the last week ...

My new king class to my RF7 II Evo  !

Dynaco Pas 4 tube pre  with 2 pairs Amp Outputs > 2 x Cayin 929 D 50 W / 8 Ohm tube monos in high pass >2 x GoldNote M9 Class D  200 W / 8 Ohm in low pass ........

Now the 4 power amplifiers merge into a symbiotic unit , the acoustic virtues of the horn driver via the tubes complement each other in perfection with the dynamic power of the Class D monos. The authenticity , physicality , stage depth breadth , detail resolution , locatability ,airiness , room illumination , emotion , control of the overall performance .Intoxicating to the last note .

Sonically the high pass plays so dreamlike separating beautifully resolving , I have never heard it like this before , with a fabulous silky loving emotional performance , the spatiality and resolution are breathtaking Voices and instruments resolve more details . Midrange as well as midbass have more volume and seperate cleaner, ground tone,upper bass, bass and subbass are separated more precisely. The low pass plays so controlled dynamically powerful, bass lines or contra bass passages become an extraordanary experience

That´s been a WOW Effect for my brain and ears as well, sounds like a brand new other audio system without spending a single buck 🤣

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, MicroMara said:

Mentioned the above I´ve done that during the last week ...

My new king class to my RF7 II Evo  !

Dynaco Pas 4 tube pre  with 2 pairs Amp Outputs > 2 x Cayin 929 D 50 W / 8 Ohm tube monos in high pass >2 x GoldNote M9 Class D  200 W / 8 Ohm in low pass ........

Now the 4 power amplifiers merge into a symbiotic unit , the acoustic virtues of the horn driver via the tubes complement each other in perfection with the dynamic power of the Class D monos. The authenticity , physicality , stage depth breadth , detail resolution , locatability ,airiness , room illumination , emotion , control of the overall performance .Intoxicating to the last note .

Sonically the high pass plays so dreamlike separating beautifully resolving , I have never heard it like this before , with a fabulous silky loving emotional performance , the spatiality and resolution are breathtaking Voices and instruments resolve more details . Midrange as well as midbass have more volume and seperate cleaner, ground tone,upper bass, bass and subbass are separated more precisely. The low pass plays so controlled dynamically powerful, bass lines or contra bass passages become an extraordanary experience

That´s been a WOW Effect for my brain and ears as well, sounds like a brand new other audio system without spending a single buck 🤣

WOW Micro!  Your description seems 'other worldly' and now, most likely, you are settled into your end game system.  :emotion-21: 🍷Cheers on that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Well that was a crazy minute.  Guess I saw George's post on his updatea but it didn't register til Gary mentioned it so I went lookin.  Yea, i took Saturday off and just gave it a quick read so had to go back and digest it.  Yea, look at the boy go.  Sheesh!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

So I'm guessing the newer higher model series has a bit more oomph in it, huh Paul? 

Congrats

No less than the Sansui AU717 at 150 watts per channel 

The Cyrus XP amp has 70 watts per channel, the volume goes up in very small increments and it reads out in db on the display 

I already have for some years the CD8SE and a Bluesound Node streamer, they are now connected up for the rest of the household and guests to use or enjoy 

But I’m surprised how nice it sounds with good separation and fast passage changes 

I will let my ears get accustomed to it and report back 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Sorry Sorry Sorry @Full Range  The Sansui has 2 x 85W/8 Ohm . If you run an amp with 75W/8 Ohm per Channel or 85W/8 Ohm , it really isn´t a listening difference , by normal listening room level around 65 > 70 dB it´s still the first watt working, not more. And another point is the amps damping factor , 60 the Sansui and  172 the Cyrus . So your JBL / Altec / Klipsch with s´Subbass Bin equipped 4- Way  " LaScala "  will be under better chassis control with the Cyrus now.

Another big deal is that the amp as well as the cdp have an ext. psu now ...Well Paul ....I´m sure you made a big step upfront with your new eletronics ...Have a lot of fun and keep us tellin what´s going on 

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

Sorry Sorry Sorry @Full Range  The Sansui has 2 x 85W/8 Ohm . If you run an amp with 75W/8 Ohm per Channel or 85W/8 Ohm , it really isn´t a listening difference , by normal listening room level around 65 > 70 dB it´s still the first watt working, not more. And another point is the amps damping factor , 60 the Sansui and  172 the Cyrus . So your JBL / Altec / Klipsch with s´Subbass Bin equipped 4- Way  " LaScala "  will be under better chassis control with the Cyrus now.

Another big deal is that the amp as well as the cdp have an ext. psu now ...Well Paul ....I´m sure you made a big step upfront with your new eletronics ...Have a lot of fun and keep us tellin what´s going on 

Yea sorry  I am claiming a seniors moment when I posted the wattage 🫣

You are correct- As good as the Sansui AU717 is it’s a little laid back for the La Scala’s 

And yes the Cyrus makes them more alive as in they twinkle with delight along with the music 

The other amp they loved but sold recently was the Blue Circle 🔵 BMPH 

And they also delight me when hooked up to the First Watt M2 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Full Range said:

I know that everyone is waiting patiently 

A test record first up - me like what me hear 

I actually thought that I would be chasing hum and ground loops but nada and that was a pleasant surprise 

IMG-4520.jpg

I know: "What counts is what´s inside", or in this case, what comes out of it. But the optics... Maybe they look different en natura, but on the photo... 

Be that as it may, congrats on Your new system Paul!

• Like 4